Ancient Evil has arrived, and the first proper step you’ll want to take in your quest to solve the mysteries of this map leads to the Pack-a-Punch machine. Call of Duty Zombies maps follow the same pattern — to unlock the map, you need to unlock the Pack-a-Punch. Same goes for Ancient Evil, with a few added twists that make this map more than just a retread of the past.
First of all, you’ll get to ride a Pegasus in an impressive cutscene. Unlocking the Pegasus will add portals to the map, allowing you to access a dark version of the ancient city that’s hidden even deeper in the caverns. You’ll need to fight giant multi-armed bosses, fight waves of skeletons, and free caged birds to unlock the Pack-a-Punch in the center. It’s all pretty straightforward, so here’s what you need to know.
More Black Ops 4 Zombies: Ancient Evil guides:
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Ancient Evil – How To Build The Apollo’s Will Shield | Parts Locations
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Ancient Evil – How To Create The Thunder Strike | Pegasus Weapon Guide
How To Unlock Pack-A-Punch | Upgrade Guide
To unlock the Pack-a-Punch, you’ll need to follow a few simple steps. The Pack-a-Punch is a special perk machine that costs 5,000 points. You’ll insert your equipped weapon into the PaP, and it’ll come out as an upgraded, more powerful version of the weapon. Each weapon has different bonuses, so try different ones. If you don’t collect the weapon after it becomes available, it will disappear forever — similar to the Mystery Box.
Step #1: Activate The Sentinel Artifact
Travel to the Amphitheater and interact with the Sentinel Artifact. Doing so will lock you in the arena, and spawn waves of enemies. Defeat the Skeletons with headshots or they’ll continue to respawn. When the skeletons are cleared, you’ll fight zombies until the Pegasus appears
Step #2: Collect The Golden Bridle & Ride The Pegasus
The Pegasus will appear and destroy the remaining zombies. The doors to the Intersection of Treasuries and the Stoa of the Athenians are now unlocked. A golden bridle will spawn on a pedestal in one of these locations.
When you collect the golden bridle, a boss monster will spawn. Defeat it, or just run away. It’s worth noting that the boss monster will drop a part for the shield crafting bench.
Travel to the Spartan Monument area and interact with the large blue circle to ride the Pegasus to a new area.
Step #3: Free The Birds
Next, you’ll need to find two bird cages. One is located in Python Pass, the other is in the Cliff Ruins. The bird cage in Python Pass is hanging by a chain. Shoot the chain to drop the cage. At the Cliff Ruins, defeat the skeletons that spawn near the cage.
To free the birds, use your Ultimate special weapon [R1+L1] to break the glowing cage door. Break both doors, and the birds will fly to the Center of the World area.
Step #4: Wait For The Crystal To Break
Wait at the Center of the World area, and the birds will attack the giant red crystal. Defend the room until the crystal is completely broken. This will cause the Pack-a-Punch machine to spawn, and clear the path to the exit portal.
And that’s everything you need to know! Portals will now appear in the map, allowing you to exit and re-enter the PaP zone without having to ride the Pegasus.
Table of Contents – Black Ops 4: Zombies Guides
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Blood Of The Dead – How To Turn On Power
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Blood Of The Dead – How To Pack-A-Punch | Upgrade Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Blood of the Dead – Main Easter Egg Guide | ‘Most Escape Alive’
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Blood Of The Dead – How To Get Acidgat & Magmagat Wonder Weapons
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Blood Of The Dead – How To Get Hell’s Retriever | Wonder Weapon Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Blood Of The Dead – How To Get Hell’s Redeemer | Upgrade Retriever Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: How To Build The Zombie Shield | All Maps [Blood, IX & More]
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: How To Unlock Every Secret Song Easter Egg [Blood, IX & More]
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Where To Find Every Jumpscare Easter Egg [Blood & Classified]
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Voyage Of Despair – How To Pack-A-Punch | Upgrade Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Voyage Of Despair – Elemental Kraken Wonder Weapon Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Voyage Of Despair – Main Easter Egg Completion Guide | ‘Abandon Ship’
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: IX – How To Pack-A-Punch | Upgrade Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: IX – How To Get The Death of Orion | Wonder Weapon Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: IX – How To Complete The Main Easter Egg | ‘Venerated Warrior’ Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Classified – How To Complete The Main Easter Egg Quest | Ending Cutscene
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Classified – How To Pack-A-Punch | Upgrade Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Classified – How To Unlock The “Shockwave” Easter Egg Song
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Classified – How To Get The Winter’s Howl | Wonder Weapon Guide