[Get more Black Ops 4 secrets, Easter eggs, and info! Subscribe to GuideRanx for daily gaming guides.]
Need more firepower to destroy the zombified denizens of a doomed ship? That’s what the Elemental Kraken Wonder Weapon is for in Black Ops 4: Zombies. In “Voyage of Despair”, you can grab your own three-barreled super gun from any Mystery Box, and if you want to dish out more damage to the ever-deadlier zombie hordes, here’s how you can upgrade it.
There are four different upgrades, and it all depends on the parts you collect. Thankfully, you can actually easily swap between different elemental damage types — as long as you’ve got enough points to keep switching upgrades. It all depends on the zombie parts you harvest. Learn all about the Elemental Kraken (and how upgrading it works) with the full guide.
Table of Contents – Black Ops 4: Zombies Guides
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Blood Of The Dead – How To Turn On Power
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Blood Of The Dead – How To Pack-A-Punch | Upgrade Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Blood of the Dead – Main Easter Egg Guide | ‘Most Escape Alive’
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Blood Of The Dead – How To Get Acidgat & Magmagat Wonder Weapons
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Blood Of The Dead – How To Get Hell’s Retriever | Wonder Weapon Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Blood Of The Dead – How To Get Hell’s Redeemer | Upgrade Retriever Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Blood Of The Dead – How To Get The Gold Spork | 1-Hit Kill Melee Weapon
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: How To Build The Zombie Shield | All Maps [Blood, IX & More]
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: How To Unlock Every Secret Song Easter Egg [Blood, IX & More]
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Where To Find Every Jumpscare Easter Egg [Blood & Classified]
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Voyage Of Despair – How To Pack-A-Punch | Upgrade Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Voyage Of Despair – Main Easter Egg Completion Guide | ‘Abandon Ship’
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: IX – How To Pack-A-Punch | Upgrade Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: IX – How To Get The Death of Orion | Wonder Weapon Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: IX – How To Complete The Main Easter Egg | ‘Venerated Warrior’ Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Classified – How To Pack-A-Punch | Upgrade Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Classified – How To Unlock The “Shockwave” Easter Egg Song
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Classified – How To Get The Winter’s Howl | Wonder Weapon Guide
Voyage Of Despair – Elemental Kraken Wonder Weapon Guide | All 4 Upgrades
Before hunting down the Elemental Kraken, you’ll need to acquire the Kraken Wonder Weapon. You can get it from any Mystery Box in “Voyage of Despair”. Many of the parts will spawn in one of two random locations. Check both locations to find the part you need.
Step #1: Collect The Upgrade Parts
For the first step, you need to collect three parts to upgrade the Kraken. These parts are found in random locations all around the Titanic. Search the ship to get all three parts.
- Part #1: Chamber
- Location #1: 1st Class Lounge – On a table next to the interior window, next to the door.
- Location #2: 1st Class Lounge – On the table in the interior corner.
- Part #2: Barrel
- Location #1: Cargo Hold – From the Pack-a-Punch pedestal, follow the wall right (past the old car) to the large object.
- Location #2: Cargo Hold – Behind the stairs, on top of a brown crate.
- Part #3: Metal Tubing
- Location #1: Galley – Deeper inside, found on a brown shelf along the back wall.
- Location #2: Galley – On the preparation table in the burning room.
Step #2: Choosing The Elemental Upgrade
Getting the basic upgrade parts is just the first step. The next step will determine what type of elemental Kraken upgrade you’ll create.
In “Voyage of Despair”, you’ll find elemental zombies with different special effects. Killing these zombies will get you the last elemental component required to create the Elemental Kraken.
- Acid, Fire, Ice & Lightning Element: Kill the special zombies with the corresponding element you want (Green, Red, Blue, and Yellow) then collect the corpse piece they drop. Collect the piece, and you’ll have the final component.
Now that you have all four parts, it’s time to build the Elemental Kraken.
Step #3: Building The Elemental Kraken
Go to the Engine Room and enter the main chamber. Here, you’ll find a unique workbench that can only be used to build the Elemental Kraken upgrade.
First, construct Ammo Kit with the three parts we collected earlier. After that, you can spend 6000 points to unlock the upgraded Elemental Kraken. Depending on what elemental zombie part you’re carrying, you can insert it into the Ammo Kit to change the elemental damage of the Kraken.
You can change the Elemental Kraken to any of the four elements. Just insert different zombie pieces with different elements. It will cost 6000 points each time.
More Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 guides on Gameranx:
- Black Ops 4: 16 Things You Should Know About Blackout Mode | Beta Beginner’s Guide
- Black Ops 4: Blackout Is Full Of Zombies Mode Secrets & Easter Eggs
- Black Ops 4: Blackout – The Secret Song Returns In Asylum | Easter Egg Guide
- Black Ops 4: Blackout – Check Out All 14 Areas & What They’re Based On | Map Guide
- Black Ops 4: Blackout – 10 Insane Tips & Tricks You Probably Didn’t Know About
- Black Ops 4: Blackout – The Best Weapons To Use In Any Situation | Greatest Guns Guide