[Get more Black Ops 4 secrets, Easter eggs, and info! Subscribe to GuideRanx for daily gaming guides.]
Fight for your life in a Roman coliseum in “IX”, yet another Black Ops 4: Zombies map. If you’re eager to unlock the Pack-a-Punch and don’t exactly know what to do, here’s all the info you need — bong those gongs. There are four gongs on the map, and ringing them will (eventually) lead you to the Pack-a-Punch.
If you’re new to these maps, here’s the gist. You (and up to three friends) can jump into an endless survivor map where zombies constantly spawn. These are some of the most expansive in the series, and maps are full of secrets to uncover. One of the most common secrets is the Pack-a-Punch machine, which requires a mini-quest to unlock and use.
Once it’s unlocked, you can power-up your weapons for a price in points. It’s well worth the investment. Keep scrolling for all the details, and don’t miss all the other guides available, covering every single aspect of these maps.
Table of Contents – Black Ops 4: Zombies Guides
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Blood Of The Dead – How To Turn On Power
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Blood Of The Dead – How To Pack-A-Punch | Upgrade Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Blood of the Dead – Main Easter Egg Guide | ‘Most Escape Alive’
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Blood Of The Dead – How To Get Acidgat & Magmagat Wonder Weapons
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Blood Of The Dead – How To Get Hell’s Retriever | Wonder Weapon Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Blood Of The Dead – How To Get Hell’s Redeemer | Upgrade Retriever Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Blood Of The Dead – How To Get The Gold Spork | 1-Hit Kill Melee Weapon
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: How To Build The Zombie Shield | All Maps [Blood, IX & More]
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: How To Unlock Every Secret Song Easter Egg [Blood, IX & More]
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Where To Find Every Jumpscare Easter Egg [Blood & Classified]
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Voyage Of Despair – How To Pack-A-Punch | Upgrade Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Voyage Of Despair – Elemental Kraken Wonder Weapon Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Voyage Of Despair – Main Easter Egg Completion Guide | ‘Abandon Ship’
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: IX – How To Pack-A-Punch | Upgrade Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: IX – How To Get The Death of Orion | Wonder Weapon Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: IX – How To Complete The Main Easter Egg | ‘Venerated Warrior’ Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Classified – How To Unlock The “Shockwave” Easter Egg Song
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Classified – How To Get The Winter’s Howl | Wonder Weapon Guide
IX – How To Pack-A-Punch | Upgrade Guide
The Pack-a-Punch is a machine that upgrades weapons. You’ll need to complete Easter egg quest steps to unlock the PaP machine. Once it is unlocked, you can upgrade a weapon for 5000 points. The weapon will become stronger, have more ammo, get a shiny camo skin, and sometimes gain unique special effects, like explosive bullets.
Step #1: Ring The Gongs & Collect The Heads
There are four gongs around the map. When you ring them, they’ll summon one of four special zombie types. Make sure you’re equipped before ringing a gong early in the map, or you won’t be able to kill them.
- Gong #1: Ra Altar Room
- Gong #2: Danu Altar Room
- Gong #3: Zeus Altar Room
- Gong #4: Odin Altar Room
After ringing each gong, kill the special zombie type and collect the head that drops. You’ll need to collect all four special zombie heads.
Step #2: Place The Heads
Travel down into the Flooded Crypts through any of the four towers. They all lead underground. In the Flooded Crypts, go to the Temple. In the center, there’s a strange statue with spikes sticking out of the ground.
Hold [Interact] on the spikes to place heads. Place all four heads around the altar. Once they’re all placed, they’ll slowly sink and the statue will transform into the Pack-a-Punch machine.
Step #3: Pack-a-Punch!
Nothing left to do. Just feed your weapons into the Pack-a-Punch to enjoy some upgrades. The Pack-a-Punch costs 5,000 points per use, and greatly enhances your weaponry.
More Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 guides on Gameranx:
- Black Ops 4: 16 Things You Should Know About Blackout Mode | Beta Beginner’s Guide
- Black Ops 4: Blackout Is Full Of Zombies Mode Secrets & Easter Eggs
- Black Ops 4: Blackout – The Secret Song Returns In Asylum | Easter Egg Guide
- Black Ops 4: Blackout – Check Out All 14 Areas & What They’re Based On | Map Guide
- Black Ops 4: Blackout – 10 Insane Tips & Tricks You Probably Didn’t Know About
- Black Ops 4: Blackout – The Best Weapons To Use In Any Situation | Greatest Guns Guide