[Get more Black Ops 4 secrets, Easter eggs, and info! Subscribe to GuideRanx for daily gaming guides.]
To enhance your weapons in “Blood of the Dead”, the remake of “Mob of the Dead” in Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, you’ll need to construct the Shield and use it to your advantage. The Pack-a-Punch is back in a big way, making an appearance in all four massive Zombies maps. This particular map has an old-school flavor, with power switches and devices to build. You’ll still want to get that Pack-a-Punch as early as possible.
And doing it is pretty easy — if you know how to build the shield. The shield is, obviously, the trickiest part of this little Easter egg, and there are six possible locations you’ll need to check out to get the pieces you need. The last piece, the Warden Key, is thankfully always easy to get. You just need to defeat the Zombie mini-boss that spawns after activating both power switches. Get the full guide below for all the gory details.
Table of Contents – Black Ops 4: Zombies Guides
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Blood Of The Dead – How To Turn On Power
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Blood Of the Dead – Main Easter Egg Guide | ‘Most Escape Alive’
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Blood Of The Dead – How To Get Acidgat & Magmagat Wonder Weapons
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Blood Of The Dead – How To Get Hell’s Retriever | Wonder Weapon Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Blood Of The Dead – How To Get Hell’s Redeemer | Upgrade Retriever Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Blood Of The Dead – How To Get The Gold Spork | 1-Hit Kill Melee Weapon
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: How To Build The Zombie Shield | All Maps [Blood, IX & More]
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: How To Unlock Every Secret Song Easter Egg [Blood, IX & More]
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Where To Find Every Jumpscare Easter Egg [Blood & Classified]
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Voyage Of Despair – How To Pack-A-Punch | Upgrade Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Voyage Of Despair – Elemental Kraken Wonder Weapon Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Voyage Of Despair – Main Easter Egg Completion Guide | ‘Abandon Ship’
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: IX – How To Pack-A-Punch | Upgrade Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: IX – How To Get The Death of Orion | Wonder Weapon Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: IX – How To Complete The Main Easter Egg | ‘Venerated Warrior’ Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Classified – How To Pack-A-Punch | Upgrade Guide
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Classified – How To Unlock The “Shockwave” Easter Egg Song
- Black Ops 4 Zombies: Classified – How To Get The Winter’s Howl | Wonder Weapon Guide
Blood Of The Dead – How To Pack-A-Punch | Upgrade Guide
The Pack-a-Punch is a machine that upgrades weapons. You’ll need to complete Easter egg quest steps to unlock the PaP machine. Once it is unlocked, you can upgrade a weapon for 5000 points. The weapon will become stronger, have more ammo, get a shiny camo skin, and sometimes gain unique special effects, like explosive bullets.
Step #1: Build The Shield
To unlock the Pack-a-Punch in “Blood of the Dead”, you’ll first need to build the shield. To do that, you’ll need to collect three parts. Each part will spawn in one of three locations, so check all the locations listed below.
- Part #1: Shield
- Location #1: Citadel Tunnels – To the right (or left) of the door in the spiral stairs leading to China Alley. About halfway up / down the stairs.
- Location #2: China Alley – Next to a zombie spawn window. The window is a metal fence covering a stairwell leading down into the Citadel Tunnels.
- Location #3: Citadel Tunnels – At the top of the winding stairs, next to the locked elevator cage.
- Part #2: Afterlife Essence
- Location #1: Library – Look for an afterlife box in the original “Mob of the Dead” spawn room. The box will give a strange glow if the essence can be collected.
- Location #2: Times Square – On the wall, on the first floor.
- Location #3: Michigan Avenue – Directly under the “Michigan” sign.
- Part #3: Warden Key
- Drops from the Brutus Boss Zombie after activating both Power switches.
- Power Switches are located in the Power House and Building 64 in China Alley.
Now, simply build the shield on a workbench!
Step #2: Drain Zombie Essence & Power The Shield
With the shield built, equip it and use the secondary attack to shoot lightning from the Warden Key, which drains Zombie Essence and kills the target. It takes a little bit of time to kill, so keep moving!
Drain the essence from five zombies (or more) with the key until it begins to glow with a bright blue aura. This powers-up the shield, and lets you transfer a charge to power things around the map.
Step #3: Charge the Pack-a-Punch Machine
The Pack-a-Punch machine is located on the Roof of the prison. Travel up there with the shield, and notice the power gauge to the right of the disabled PaP machine.
- How To Power Up The PaP Machine:
- Charge the Soul Key by absorbing zombie essence with the Shield’s secondary attack until the key glows blue.
- Hold [Left Trigger] to aim with the shield, then press [Right Trigger] to launch a Soul Blast with the charged key.
- The Soul Blast will charge disabled power gauges around the map.
- Use Soul Blast on the disabled power gauge to the right of the PaP Machine to activate it.
And that’s it! The Pack-a-Punch will charge up, allowing you to drop weapons into the machine for 5,000 points.
- NOTE: The Pack-a-Punch moves every few rounds. After unlocking the Pack-a-Punch, it will teleport to a new location after several rounds pass. The Pack-a-Punch can appear in:
- Pap #1: Roof
- Pap #2: Building 64 (East Side Power Switch)
- Pap #3: Power House (West Side Power Switch)
More Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 guides on Gameranx:
- Black Ops 4: 16 Things You Should Know About Blackout Mode | Beta Beginner’s Guide
- Black Ops 4: Blackout Is Full Of Zombies Mode Secrets & Easter Eggs
- Black Ops 4: Blackout – The Secret Song Returns In Asylum | Easter Egg Guide
- Black Ops 4: Blackout – Check Out All 14 Areas & What They’re Based On | Map Guide
- Black Ops 4: Blackout – 10 Insane Tips & Tricks You Probably Didn’t Know About
- Black Ops 4: Blackout – The Best Weapons To Use In Any Situation | Greatest Guns Guide