Bonus objectives are back in the Separate Ways DLC. These blue side-quest job boards are pinned throughout the story campaign — completing them gives you a shot at earning more Spinels, which can be traded for valuable items. For my money, you’ll want to finish every side-quest specifically to unlock Small Keys and the Treasure Map. Treasure is too important. Learn how to complete every side-quest we’ve found so far in the full guide below.
More Resident Evil 4 Remake: Separate Ways DLC guides:
Chapter 2 | Side-Quest Guides
Eradicate the Blue Medallions: Cliff – Find the blue note on the upper cliff near the puzzle door. Grapple up to the higher scaffolding to find this blue note posted to the wooden pole. You need to find and shoot four Blue Medallions hidden around the Cliffs area.
- Reward: Spinel x6
- Blue Medallion #1: Cliff – At the Cliff area, grapple to the cave ledge with the wooden gate and puzzle. Turn around to spot a far-off grapple point on the wooden scaffolding bolted to the side of the cliff. There’s a hanging blue medallion in the distance.
- Blue Medallion #2: Cliff – Hanging from the cliffs overhang directly past the mission posting.
- Blue Medallion #3: Cliff – From the upper scaffolding, look toward the cliff puzzle. To the left, there’s an easy-to-miss medallion hanging off the cliffs in the distance.
- Blue Medallion #4: Cliff – The final medallion is below the puzzle switch. Look down at the broken wooden pathway below to see the blue medallion.
Chapter 3 | Side-Quest Guides
Jacket of All Trades: Abandoned Factory – At the doors leading inside the Abandoned Factory, you’ll find this side-quest note pinned to the wall. This quest tasks you with collecting a valuable discarded sheepskin leather jacket. Find and sell the jacket to complete this job.
- Reward: Spinel x7
Jacket Location: Abandoned Factory – In the first crumbling concrete hallway of the factory, you’ll encounter a group of villagers. One of the villagers is carrying this jacket. Kill him to recover it. Sell it for 5,000 to complete the quest.
Chapter 4 | Side-Quest Guides
Eradicate the Blue Medallions 2: Courtyard – The job posting is to the left of the Merchant found just outside the Courtyard. Like the previous job, you’ll need to find and shoot hanging blue medallions in hidden areas.
- Reward: Spinel x7
- Blue Medallion #1: Hanging above the covered bridge over the west side of the courtyard. Enter the center of the courtyard and turn to face the west to easily spot it.
- Blue Medallion #2: On the east side of the courtyard, look south toward the upper walkway. The medallion is visible on the exterior of the stone structure.
- Blue Medallion #3: Reach the small tower in the southeast corner. The medallion is hanging inside the upper tower. You can easily spot it if you climb up inside.
- Blue Medallion #4: In the southwest quadrant, there’s a locked dog cage with a medallion inside. It’s near the south steps of the covered bridge.
- Blue Medallion #5: Go to the center of the courtyard and look up the stairs leading east. There’s a medallion on the locked gate.
Chapter 5 | Side-Quest Guides
Lord of the Waterway: Gregorio’s Waterway – Find the job pinned outside the entrance to the Merchant in Gregorio’s Waterway. To complete this job, you’ll need to find the Lord of the Waterway and sell it. The ‘Lord’ is actually a very big fish!
- Reward: Spinel x8
- Lord of the Waterway Location: After draining the water, travel south and enter the watery path beneath the walkway. In the caves, circle around behind the wall of hive matter to find a giant catfish. Use the Biosensor Scope to easily spot it in the water. Entering the dark caves, you’ll have to deal with two swimming bugs then take a left to reach a dead end where the fish is swimming. Sell it to the Merchant for 8,000 to complete the quest.
Bug Buster: Located at the Path of Penitence merchant, past the U-3 boss fight. To complete this job, Ada needs to find and exterminate three invisible Novistadors. They’re hidden around the cliffs and the Path of Penitence. To make this challenge much easier, equip the Biosensor Scope on your rifle.
- Reward: Spinel x8
- Novistador #1: After activating the stone crushers, move between the two center-north crushers to spot the first Novistador clinging to the ceiling.
- Novistador #2: Leaving the Path of Penitence starting cave with the stone crushers, you’ll move up a long set of stairs. Turn around and look on the cave ceiling to spot this invisible bug.
- Novistador #3: Before grappling to the Ancient Chantry, Ada will fight through a group of cultists and climb a ladder to a tower. From this tower, you’ll have a nearby grapple point. Ignore it and turn to face the chantry exterior wall to the northwest. There’s an easy-to-miss Novistador clinging to the wall.
Chapter 6 | Side-Quest Guides
Beautiful Beetles: Progressing through the Island, Ada will enter Facility 1. You’ll encounter a Merchant and a Typewriter. To the left of the Merchant’s stand, don’t miss the job pinned to the wall. For this quest, you’ll need to find and sell two Ornate Beetles.
- Reward: Spinel x10
- Ornate Beetle #1: Incubation Lab – Use the Biosensor Scope on the Regenerator in the tube. You’ll spot a treasure inside. Kill it to recover the rare treasure.
- Ornate Beetle #2: Dissection – In the southeast room on the map. A Regenerator is guarding this room. Kill it and collect the treasure on the worktable.
Bug Buster 2: Located at the Defensive Line Merchant, you’ll find the notice posted to the right of the binocular interaction. Like the side-quest in Chapter 5, you’ll need to find three hidden Novistadors. Each one is invisible, so the Biosensor Scope makes spotting them much easier.
- Reward: Spinel x9
- Novistador #1: Defensive Line – In the area where you’ll have to dodge automatic turrets and detection lasers, drop down from the entrance and turn around. Underneath the binoculars scouting area, you’ll find a hidden invisible bug.
- Novistador #2: Defensive Line – Standing behind the north auto-turret bunker, look at one of the towers in the northwest distance. High up on the rocks, there’s a very hard-to-spot bug. Use the Biosensor Scope to make seeing it much easier.
- Novistador #3: Defensive Line – Behind and to the left of the last auto-turret bunker.
More Resident Evil 4 Remake guides:
All Village Treasures | All Village Requests | All Castle Treasures | All Castle Requests | All Island Treasures | All Island Requests | Free Red9 Location | Free CQBR & LE 5 Locations | All Clockwork Castellan Locations | All Exclusive Perks | All Unlockable Weapons & Cosmetics