The massive Destiny 2: Forsaken expansion boosts the level cap all the way up to Level 50, and kicks the Power Level cap up to 600. That’s a lot of levels, and if you’re worried you won’t be able to level up fast enough to begin the campaign right away, don’t worry because Bungie is giving away a free solution in the form of an item — called the ‘Spark of Light’.
The Spark of Light first appeared in the previous Destiny 1 expansion The Taken King, and boosted players up to Level 25 instantly. The Level Cap in that game, for that expansion, was 40 — so it only boosts you enough to start the new campaign without having to grind through the standard story. The same thing is happening in Destiny 2, with the exact same use. Learn all about the Spark of Light, and how it works, in the full guide below.
More Destiny 2: Forsaken guides on Gameranx:
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – 8 Essential Tips To Help You Master Gambit Mode | Beginner’s Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Find Every Exotic Weapon (So Far) | Exotics Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Activate Heroic Tangled Shore Public Events | Heroic Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Activate Heroic Dreaming City Public Events | Heroic Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Unlock New Supers | Visions of Light Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – Paul McCartney Returns In This Hilarious Lost Sector | Easter Egg Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – All Region Chests Locations Guide | Tangled Shore
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – All Region Chests Locations Guide | The Dreaming City
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Unlock The Dreaming City | Awoken Talisman Quest Guide
Level Up Instantly With Sparks of Light | Quick Campaign Start Guide
[Work-in-Progress: This page will be updated as we learn more about this item.]
If you’re below the max level required to begin the campaign in Destiny 2: Forsaken, you can use a free item that appears in your inventory, the Spark of Light, to instantly level up the character that uses it.
For purchasing the Forsaken DLC, you’ll start with one  Spark of Light XP Boost. It appears in the inventory of your first character on the roster. It can only be used to boost characters that are not already max level.
Each account begins with  Spark of Light. It does not increase your level to max — that’s Level 50 in Forsaken. It only boosts your level high enough to begin the campaign and play through it. If you skipped the previous Destiny 2 expansions, made a new character that is low level, or started a new game on a different console / PC, you can use the Spark of Light to begin playing the campaign in Forsaken immediately.
Your account will only have one  Spark of Light. If you want to boost multiple character, extra Sparks of Light are available through in-game purchases. Each extra boost costs $30. That’s a hefty price-tag, so it might be better to just replay the campaign unless you’re in a real hurry.
More Destiny 2 guides on Gameranx:
- Destiny 2: 10 Things You Should Know Before Starting | Beginner’s Guide
- Destiny 2: Here’s How End-Game Power Levels Work | 260+ PL Guide
- Destiny 2: Soccer Balls, Lava Skins & Bonus Keys | New Social Easter Eggs
- Destiny 2: What Role Is Best For You? | Titan, Warlock & Hunter Class Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Get Legendary Shards | Exotic Currency Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Earn (Or Buy) A Sparrow | Mount Unlock Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Get All New Subclasses | Artifact Unlock Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Unlock The Crucible | PVP Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Get The Scout Commander Aura | Farm Secrets Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Get Every Exotic Weapon | All Exotics List
- Destiny 2: How To Get Exotic Engrams | Farming Method Guide
- Destiny 2: Legendary “Loot Cave” Engram Farming | 260+ PL Guide
- Destiny 2: How to Beat Dominus Ghaul | Final Boss Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Unlock Flashpoints | “In A Flash” Trophy Guide
More Destiny 2: Warmind DLC guides on Gameranx:
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – Spire of Stars Raid Lair Guide | How To Complete Every Step
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – How To Get To Power Level 385 | Fastest PL Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – Sleeper Node Locations & Hint Solutions Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – How To Get Started | Everything New You Need To Know
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – All Mars Region Chests Locations | Treasure Hunter Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – Warsat Down Public Event | Heroic Unlock Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – All 45 Data Fragments Locations | Worldline Zero Exotic Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – How To Get The Sleeper Simulant Exotic | Secret Quest Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – How To Get Override Frequencies & Unlock Sleeper Nodes