Fallout 4: Nuka-World – Here’s How to Access the New DLC Area
On PC, PS4 & Xbox One: Get a one-way ticket to Nuka-World with our DLC quest guide, and learn why you might not unlock it right away.
Nuka-World is open for business, and here’s how you can access Fallout 4’s final DLC. Promising plenty of macabre fun, the creepy ruins of Nuka-World are home to sadistic raiders and plenty of other mutant denizens. It’s also full of new gear, weapons, and items to collect. If you want to get in on the fun, here’s what you’ll need to know.
This is just the start of our Fallout 4: Nuka World DLC coverage. There’s plenty more ahead, and we’ve covered previous add-ons with some serious gusto. Just check out the complete Fallout 4: Far Harbor compendium to get all the info on the foggy island, including weapon locations, secret puzzle solutions, and legendary weapon exploits.
If you’re a true survivor, check out Gameranx’s massive list of guides, how-to’s, secret locations, and everything else a fresh Vault 111 escapee needs to thrive on the Fallout 4 Ultimate Commonwealth Guide.
Beginner Guide – How to Access Nuka-World
Want to get started right away? Here’s the quick-and-dirty info you need to know to get into Nuka-World. Don’t worry, for most people it’s pretty easy.
There’s only one requirement to start the main add-on quest — you’ll need to be Level 30 or higher. But, players of any level can still access Nuka-World and explore.
- Download the latest update / Nuka-World DLC.
- Restart Fallout 4 if you haven’t already! Also, check in the “add-ons” section in the main menu. If Nuka-World is listed, not grayed out, and reads “Installed” under the promo image, you’re good to go.
- Load a save gave. Any at all will do.
- You’ll need to be Level 30 to begin the main quest, but you can access the Nuka-World area at any time. Just follow the gallery right here!
- Open your Pip-Boy and access the Radio tab. Select “Nuka-Cola Family Radio” to start the the quest All Aboard!
- Alternatively, you can just travel to the Nuka-World Transit Center. Check out the map here to find it!
- Travel to the Nuka-World Transit Center marked on your map, or just follow our gallery.
- The area is guarded by gunners. You’ll need to be well-armed to take these goons out.
- Defeat Commander Kaylor and collect the document “Kaylor’s Orders” from their body.
- Find the large building beyond the square that leads underground.
- Talk to Harvey underground and agree to help. He’ll offer to send you to Nuka-World.
- If you have enough CHR, you can select to “Offer a Stimpack” — then choose one of the options to insist. If you’re successful, Harvey will reveal he’s working for the raiders and give you the Control Terminal Password.
- Whether you deal with Harvey peacefully or not, restore power to the subway train by going to the “Nuka-Express Control Terminal” located behind the ticket booth.
- At the computer, select [Power Grid Management] and then select [Activate Rail Power] — located above the Auxiliary Power option.
- Go to the front of the subway train and interact with the conductor’s seat. You’ll finally get the option to “Travel to Nuka-World” — select it.
Now you’re off to a place where all your dreams can come true. Welcome to the (sorta) happiest place on Earth.
See everything new, unique, secret or special in Fallout 4’s Nuka World DLC with the full list of Gameranx guides:
- Fallout 4: Nuka-World – Complete Achievements / Trophies Guide
- Fallout 4: Nuka-World – All New Weapons | Locations Guide
- Fallout 4: Nuka-World – All New Armor & Apparel | Locations Guide
- Fallout 4: Nuka-World – All 5 Scav! Magazine Locations
- Fallout 4: Nuka-World – ‘Cappy in a Haystack’ Quest Completion Guide
- Fallout 4: Nuka-World – Fastest Way to Earn Nuka-Cade Tickets
- Fallout 4: Nuka-World – ‘Precious Medals’ Quest Guide | All Medallions
- Fallout 4: Nuka-World – Star Core Locations | Quantum Armor Guide
- Fallout 4: Nuka-World – All 15 New Nuka-Recipes | Locations Guide
- Fallout 4: Nuka-World – Bethesda’s Fan Tribute Easter Egg NPC
- Fallout 4: Nuka-World – Get Easy X-01 Power Armor | Location Guide
Check out even more articles related to Fallout 4’s Far Harbor add-on:
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – All New Weapons | Locations Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – All New Armor & Apparel | Locations Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Islander’s Almanac Magazine Locations
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – 3 Workshop Locations | Push Back the Fog Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – New Recipes | Just Add Saltwater Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Breathe Underwater | Dive Suit Location
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Bowling Ball Launcher Location Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – How to Get 3 New Settlement Guard Dogs
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Easy Vim! Unique Power Armor Location
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – DLC Unique Perks | How to Unlock
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Best Gear Guide | Assault Marine Locations
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – All 5 DiMA Memory Puzzle Solutions
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Item Console Codes | Weapons & Armor Cheats
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Discover the Secrets of Cranberry Island
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Tourism Guide | 10 Essential Locations