Hidden in the foggy hills of Far Harbor, there is a Super Mutant dog trainer willing to sell his domesticated pups to the right buyer. These dogs — one Mutant Hound, one normal dog, and a wolf — can be purchased and sent back to your settlement for the low sum of 250 caps each.
They aren’t travelling companions, instead you’ll send them to the workshop you want protected. While not as versatile as Dogmeat, these critters are a pretty awesome way to keep your settlers protected without having to wait for new population in a fledgling location. Learn where to buy these dogs, and get a close look at them with our gallery and guide below.
If you’re a true survivor, check out Gameranx’s massive list of guides, how-to’s, secret locations, and everything else a fresh Vault 111 escapee needs to thrive on the Fallout 4 Ultimate Commonwealth Guide.
How to Get 3 New Guard Dogs
The three guard dogs, Mishka (wolf), Gracie (dog), and Duke (Mutant Hound) are all found for sale at Horizon Flight 1207. The crash is found southwest and across the watery bog from Far Harbor.
The site is occupied by a single Super Mutant trapper named Erickson. Talk to him and make peace, and he’ll offer to see his dogs for 250 caps each. If you choose to buy a dog, a selection menu will allow you to send the dog to guard your preferred settlement location.
Unlike with Dogmeat, the dogs won’t listen to further orders once you send them to a settlement. They don’t follow you around. They’re content to patrol and protect civilians from raiders or other nasty wasteland creatures.
Need more Fallout 4: Far Harbor locations, collectibles, and info? Check out the rest of our DLC guides on Gameranx:
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – How to Access the New DLC
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – All New Weapons | Locations Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Islander’s Almanac Magazine Locations
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – 3 Workshop Locations | Push Back the Fog Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – New Recipes | Just Add Saltwater Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – All New Apparel & Armor | Locations Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Breathe Underwater | Dive Suit Location
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Best Gear Guide | Assault Marine Locations
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – All 5 DiMA Memory Puzzle Solutions
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Discover the Secrets of Cranberry Island
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Weapons & Armor Item IDs | Dev Console Cheats
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Tourism Guide | 10 Essential Locations