Increase your health and reload speed with every Stabilizer and Steroid item available in Resident Evil 7. These permanent character upgrades offer a useful boost to your abilities — either increasing your max health or increasing how fast your weapons can reload. You’re likely to stumble into these special items for the first time in locked bird cages in the trailer save room, but there are more hidden throughout the environment.
Character upgrades are a surprising inclusion for a horror-oriented game, but very welcome from a gameplay standpoint. Your slow-as-molasses reloading gets some extra pep, and you gain a little more survivability. Avoiding death is always a plus, even if it means staying alive for that one extra hit. If anything, the steroids are a useful item to keep around for healing purposes. One use and you’re back at full health.
Check out our Resident Evil 7 impressions to see what we thought of Capcom’s refreshing horror FPS.
All Stabilizers & Steriods Locations | Upgrades Guide
Stabilizers and Steroids are special one-use items that permanently upgrade your character. Steroids will instantly heal you to full health when used and increase your max health. Stabilizers increase your reload speed, meaning you’ll reload weapons faster than before. Both of these items are available to purchase at the trailer save point in the yard.
- Stabilizer #1: Yard, Trailer – Sold in the Yard, Trailer save room. Insert 5 Antique Coins to unlock it. (Normal / Easy)
- Steroids #1: Yard, Trailer – Sold in the Yard, Trailer save room. Insert 4 Antique Coins to unlock it. (Normal / Easy)
- Steroids #2: Main House 1F, Drawing Room – Reward for completing the first Treasure Photo. Get Treasure Photo #1 from the Processing Area, on the metal shelves near the Scorpion Key location. Go up to the Drawing Room and interact with the large stone above the fireplace to discover a hiding spot with this steroid syringe.
- Stabilizer #2: Yard, Projector – Reward for completing the hidden Yard projector puzzle. Get the Toy Axe from the Attic (accessible through the Kid’s Room after collecting the Snake Key) and place it on the pedestal in the Yard. The projector puzzle is behind the bushes to the left of the Testing Area entrance. Turn the Toy Axe so that it projects a “7” to open the chest.
- Steroids #3: Testing Area 1F, Before Barn – Available in the Testing Area 1F. Before you enter the Barn, look for a supply room down the hallway that’s filled with explosive tripwires. The green desk contains an Antique Coin, and you’ll find Steroids in the lowest rung of the corner locker.
- Steroids #4: Salt Mine, Secret Lab – Very easy to miss. Find the final Steroids in the Salt Mine, in the first room of the secret lab. Look between the two bathtubs to the right of the exit door to spot this well-hidden steroids syringe.
More Resident Evil 7 guides, walkthroughs, tips and tricks on Gameranx:
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – Walkthrough | Low-Spoilers Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – 100% Achievement / Trophy Guide
- Resident Evil 7: How to Use the Toy Axe & Model Shotgun | Puzzles Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – How to Get the Good / Bad Endings
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – Here’s What You Unlock For Finishing RE7
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – How to Open Every Lock | Lock Pick Locations
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – All 20 Statue Locations | ‘Mr. Nowhere’ Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – All 32 Files | ‘The Devil is in the Details’ Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – All Playable Videotape Locations | VHS Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – How to Get the Dissection Key | Puzzle Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – All Antique Coins Locations | Upgrades Guide
- Resident Evil 7: All 33 Antique Coin Locations | Madhouse Difficulty Guide
- Resident Evil 7: How To Upgrade Your Inventory | All Backpack Locations
- Resident Evil 7: Free Items & Upgrades | Treasure Map Locations Guide
- Resident Evil 7: How to Repair Both Broken Guns | Best Weapons Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – On The Cheap | Best Deals & Lowest Prices
- Resident Evil 7: Demo – Complete Secrets Walkthrough | Dirty Coin Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – The Big Gun Guide | All Weapon Locations
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – How To Solve Every Puzzle | Solutions Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – Herbs Guide | All Healing Item Locations
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – How to Beat Every Boss | Tips Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – Master of Unlocking Guide | Lock Pick Location
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – Trophy List [No Spoilers]