Making progress in Resident Evil 7 usually involves two things; solving puzzles, and getting keys. It’s classic that way. When you reach the creepy “Processing Area” section of the estate, you’ll find your path forward barred by a locked door, and no key in sight. Well, if you’re looking for the Dissection Key and need help solving the Incinerator Room puzzle, here’s a quick guide explaining all the steps.
Unfortunately, unlock the Crow Key, Scorpion Key, or Snake Key — the Dissection Room Key only opens one door. Resident Evil is all about keys, and including these short puzzle sequences helps ground the survival horror series in its roots. Instead of going big and bombastic, RE7 is going for scary and intimate, and after years of big explosions, we’re ready for some quiet exploration time.
More Resident Evil 7 guides, walkthroughs, tips and tricks on Gameranx:
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – Walkthrough | Low-Spoilers Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – How to Get the Good / Bad Endings
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – Here’s What You Unlock For Finishing RE7
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – How to Open Every Lock | Lock Pick Locations
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – All 20 Statue Locations | ‘Mr. Nowhere’ Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – All 32 Files | ‘The Devil is in the Details’ Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – All Antique Coins Locations | Upgrades Guide
- Resident Evil 7: All 33 Antique Coin Locations | Madhouse Difficulty Guide
- Resident Evil 7: How To Upgrade Your Inventory | All Backpack Locations
- Resident Evil 7: Free Items & Upgrades | Treasure Map Locations Guide
- Resident Evil 7: How to Repair Both Broken Guns | Best Weapons Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – On The Cheap | Best Deals & Lowest Prices
- Resident Evil 7: Demo – Complete Secrets Walkthrough | Dirty Coin Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – The Big Gun Guide | All Weapon Locations
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – How To Solve Every Puzzle | Solutions Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – Herbs Guide | All Healing Item Locations
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – How to Beat Every Boss | Tips Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – Master of Unlocking Guide | Lock Pick Location
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – Trophy List [No Spoilers]
How to Open the Dissection Room | Key Guide
Further into the story, you’ll eventually gain access to the west side of the mansion. The Drawing Room path leads beneath the Main House, where you’ll stumble into the creepy Processing Area. The Dissection Room requires a key to get inside — the eponymous ‘Dissection Room’ key. If you want to get your hands on it, go to this location.
- Dissection Key Location: The first room you’ll find in the Processing Area is the Incinerator Room. There are multiple sealed oven chambers. The key is located in the left-most chamber, but it won’t open without solving a puzzle.
- Open the incinerator door with the bloody handprint.
- Open the incinerator door on the far right.
- The far left incinerator door will now unlock.
The Dissection Room key is on the gurney. A Moulder will appear here — grab the key and you can close the door behind you. Now you can gain access to the Dissection Room. Easy-peasy, right? The clues to the puzzle are found on the file taped above the sink, but you can safely ignore them now.