[Updated: Added all known unlocks for collecting Mr. Everywhere, completing a 4-hour speedrun, or finishing Madhouse Difficulty.]
Continuing the long tradition of post-game rewards, Resident Evil 7 unlock a couple of fun bonuses that’ll make future playthroughs easier or harder, depending on your choices. Don’t worry, it doesn’t matter if you got the good ending or the bad ending, all you need to do is finish the story on Normal to get these cool rewards. Naturally, the first unlock is the crazy-hard “Madhouse” difficulty mode, which changes the game in a variety of cool ways.
Madhouse isn’t the only bonus, you’ll also get an upgraded block. You’ll take less damage from blocking enemy attacks, which is always a plus. Then there’s the big reward — the Albert-01R Handgun. This compact killer takes out most enemies in a single shot. That’ll make future playthroughs a complete breeze. Perfect if you’re hunting achievements / trophies or collectibles.
Here’s the complete list of post-game unlocks.
Note: All unlocked items will appear in the Item Box when you reload a save or start a new game.
- Normal / Easy Difficulty Unlock Rewards
- Madhouse Difficulty
- The Secrets of Defense (Upgraded Block, Stackable)
- Albert-01R Handgun
- Destroy All 20 Mr. Everywhere Statues
- Walking Shoes (Increases Walking Speed)
- The Essence of Defense (Upgraded Block, Stackable)
[If both The Essence of Defense and The Secrets of Defense are in your inventory, blocks will negate 100% damage every time.]
- Madhouse Difficulty Unlock Rewards
- Infinite Ammo
- Complete In Four Hours Or Less
- X-Ray Glasses (Permanent Psychostimulant effect)
- Circular Saw (Powerful Melee Weapon)
One of these rewards, “Madhouse” difficulty, is available as a Pre-order bonus where it allows you to unlock it instantly. So for us non-pre-order people, this is how that mode is unlocked. It’s better this way, I wouldn’t recommend starting your first campaign on Madhouse. And Madhouse isn’t just harder, it actually changes the game — for starters, there are way more Antique Coins, and way more bird cages.
Here’s a brief list of Madhouse in-game changes.
- Health does not regenerate. At all.
- Enemies and Stalkers appear more frequently, and in new locations.
- More Antique Coins (33 in total) and more locked item bird cages.
- Less items. Many items from Normal / Easy have been removed.
- New Items: Cassette Taps — must collect and use cassettes at Save Rooms. Just like Ink Ribbons.
- Far fewer auto-saves. Almost always restart from your last Save Room file.
That’s everything we know. There might be even more rewards for completing certain challenges or finishing Madhouse mode. If there are, we’ll update this article with all the info.
More Resident Evil 7 guides, walkthroughs, tips and tricks on Gameranx:
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – Walkthrough | Low-Spoilers Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – How to Get the Good / Bad Endings
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – How to Open Every Lock | Lock Pick Locations
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – All 20 Statue Locations | ‘Mr. Nowhere’ Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – All 32 Files | ‘The Devil is in the Details’ Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – All Antique Coins Locations | Upgrades Guide
- Resident Evil 7: All 33 Antique Coin Locations | Madhouse Difficulty Guide
- Resident Evil 7: How To Upgrade Your Inventory | All Backpack Locations
- Resident Evil 7: Free Items & Upgrades | Treasure Map Locations Guide
- Resident Evil 7: How to Repair Both Broken Guns | Best Weapons Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – On The Cheap | Best Deals & Lowest Prices
- Resident Evil 7: Demo – Complete Secrets Walkthrough | Dirty Coin Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – The Big Gun Guide | All Weapon Locations
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – How To Solve Every Puzzle | Solutions Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – Herbs Guide | All Healing Item Locations
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – How to Beat Every Boss | Tips Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – Master of Unlocking Guide | Lock Pick Location
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – Trophy List [No Spoilers]
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.