There is a good and a bad ending in Resident Evil 7 biohazard, and both are determined by a single choice you’ll make about 2/3rds of the way through the main story. We’re going to stay light on spoilers here, but if you’re really interested in seeing every step, including the ending itself, check out the video beneath the quick guide below.
Different endings haven’t been a part of the Resident Evil series for a long time. While other titles have multiple endings, the closest parallel here is to the original Resident Evil — in that game, depending on who you saved, and what choices you made as you progressed through the mansion — you’d get a slightly different conclusion. Well, things aren’t so slight anymore. Depending on your choices, the endings are very different. And one is clearly the “bad” ending.
More Resident Evil 7 guides, walkthroughs, tips and tricks on Gameranx:
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – Walkthrough | Low-Spoilers Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – Here’s What You Unlock For Finishing RE7
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – How to Open Every Lock | Lock Pick Locations
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – All 20 Statue Locations | ‘Mr. Nowhere’ Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – All 32 Files | ‘The Devil is in the Details’ Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – All Antique Coins Locations | Upgrades Guide
- Resident Evil 7: All 33 Antique Coin Locations | Madhouse Difficulty Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – All Playable Videotape Locations | VHS Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – How to Get the Dissection Key | Puzzle Guide
- Resident Evil 7: How To Upgrade Your Inventory | All Backpack Locations
- Resident Evil 7: Free Items & Upgrades | Treasure Map Locations Guide
- Resident Evil 7: How to Repair Both Broken Guns | Best Weapons Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – On The Cheap | Best Deals & Lowest Prices
- Resident Evil 7: Demo – Complete Secrets Walkthrough | Dirty Coin Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – The Big Gun Guide | All Weapon Locations
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – How To Solve Every Puzzle | Solutions Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – Herbs Guide | All Healing Item Locations
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – How to Beat Every Boss | Tips Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – Master of Unlocking Guide | Lock Pick Location
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – Trophy List [No Spoilers]
How to Get the Good / Bad Endings
[Note: We’re going to be vague here to avoid some spoilers. You’ll find some minor event spoilers, and character name spoilers, but we won’t reveal the endings in text. Check out the video at the bottom of the article if you’re interested in watching both endings.]
The endings are determined by a single choice you’ll make about 2/3rds through the story. After encountering a particularly tough (and huge) bioweapon creature, you’ll get a choice to cure one of two characters of the infection. Depending on which character you choose, you’ll get either the good or the bad ending.
- Cure Mia to get Ending #1: “End of Night” (Good Ending)
- Cure Zoe to get Ending #2: “Just A Memory Now” (Bad Ending)
There’s still plenty of game left after this choice. Your choice, and the consequences, aren’t immediately apparent — it won’t be until after the final battle that you’ll learn how everything ends.
Now we’re getting into spoiler-territory. If you’re interested in watching the full ending, check out the video below, published by Youtuber PS4Trophies.