Let’s face facts — the first ever Global Mission in Pokemon Sun and Moon was a huge failure. That doesn’t mean we won’t get prizes for participating. If you took part in the first ever Global Mission and captured even a handful of Pokemon, you’re entitled to a reward.
Note: You’ll get more rewards for registering to Global Link. Create an account here and get the code from your copy of Sun / Moon to register.
The first Sun and Moon Global Mission challenged players worldwide to capture 100,000,000 Pokemon. That’s one-hundred million. In the end, registered online players managed a grand total of 16,423,231 Pokemon. That’s only 16% of the total goal completed. We’re going to blame this whole thing on the global link — there are more than enough Pokemon Sun and Moon players to easily catch 100,000,000 — but getting all those players online and registered and using Festival Plaza isn’t such a simple proposition.
How to Get Free FC | Failed Global Mission Bonus
If you did (or didn’t) participate in this Global Mission, here’s a quick primer to show you how to join any future Global Missions:
- How to Participate in Global Missions:
- Go to Festival Plaza from the Rotom Pokedex
- Enter the central castle.
- Talk to the Hula Dancer at the desk to the right.
- She will ask you if you’d like to participate in Global Missions.
- If you agree, you’ll save the game and connect to the internet.
- You don’t need to register to the Global Link website, but if you do you’ll get increased FC rewards.
Those are all the basic steps. After selecting a Global Mission, you’ll get a card showing how long the current Global Mission will last, and what your objective is. A Global Mission requires the whole world to work together, and everyone with Pokemon Sun / Moon participates to reach the total objective.
Even if you fail, if you participated, there is a reward ready to collect.
- How To Get Your (Failed!) Global Mission Reward:
- Talk to the Global Mission NPC (Hula Dancer) in the Festival Plaza castle.
- You’ll connect to the internet and the Global Mission info will update.
- Select “Catch a lot of Pokemon!” — you’ll find your reward here.
- 100 FC is rewarded to everyone for participating.
- 200 FC if rewarded if you are registered to the Global Link website.
The second Global Mission has been announced already — the new mission is all about using Island Scan, so get those QR Codes ready. It will run until 12/27/16.
Find even more Pokemon Sun & Moon guides, how-to’s and tutorials on Gameranx:
- 20 Useful Tips & Tricks Pokemon Sun / Moon Doesn’t Tell You
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: 100% Zygarde Guide | Cores & Cells Locations
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Every Mystery Gift & Event | Free Pokemon List
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: The Best Shiny Pokemon Farming Method
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Efficiently Level Up Poke Pelago
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Find These NPCs For Free Pokemon | Gifts Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: All the Daily Events You Won’t Want to Miss
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Easy Way to Raise Happiness | Friendship Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How To Stop Evolutions | No Everstone Required
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Everything You Need to Know About Pikachu
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Get Sungaleo / Lunala | Legendaries Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Where to Find New Moves | All TM Locations
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Generation 7 Evolution Requirements Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Learn New Pokeball Throw Styles
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Catch Ditto | Rare Pokemon Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Boost Base Stats Fast | EV Farming Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: All Pokemon QR Codes | Complete Gallery
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Evolve | Evolution Stones Locations Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: 6 New Features That Change Everything
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Transfer Pokedex | Compatibility Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Z-Crystal Locations | Z-Moves Unlock Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: All the Version Exclusive Pokemon | Full List
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Demo Secrets Guide & Special Events Calendar
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Preload Available Now | How to Get 12 Free Quick Balls