Ditto isn’t so hard to catch this time. Thanks to QR Codes, Ditto’s location has been found in Sun and Moon. All you have to do is visit the right island, scrounge around the correct route, and bring tons of extra Pokeballs. Beware, Ditto won’t join your party without a fight, and his catch rate is lower than in other Pokemon core entries. Check out the full guide below for more details to get you catching your first Ditto in Sun and Moon.
In previous installments like XY and ORAS, Ditto could be a pain to catch — in XY, Ditto only appear after completing the eighth gym, while ORAS kept Ditto hidden in one of two Mirage locations that can’t be reached until gaining the Fly ability. Still, if you knew the location, Ditto wasn’t so bad. His appearance rate wasn’t as low compared to Sun and Moon, so be prepared to throw plenty of Pokeballs before Ditto is your’s.
How to Catch Ditto | Rare Pokemon Location
[Work-in-Progress: More Ditto details will be revealed once we capture this Pokemon for ourselves.]
In both Sun and Moon, Ditto appears on Island 3 — Ula’ula Island on Mount Hokulani.
- To locate Ditto’s specific location, scan the QR Code shown below.
Scanning a QR Code adds the Pokemon’s entry to the Rotom Dex. Check the new entry to find Pokemon living locations for the selecting Pokemon.
We’ll provide more Ditto details as we know more about this rare and mysterious Pokemon. Check back soon!
Find even more Pokemon Sun & Moon guides, how-to’s and tutorials on Gameranx:
- 20 Useful Tips & Tricks Pokemon Sun / Moon Doesn’t Tell You
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: 100% Zygarde Guide | Cores & Cells Locations
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: The Best Shiny Pokemon Farming Method
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Efficiently Level Up Poke Pelago
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Find These NPCs For Free Pokemon | Gifts Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: All the Daily Events You Won’t Want to Miss
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Easy Way to Raise Happiness | Friendship Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How To Stop Evolutions | No Everstone Required
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Everything You Need to Know About Pikachu
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Get Your Munchlax Mystery Gift & Snorlium-Z Now
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Get Sungaleo / Lunala | Legendaries Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Where to Find New Moves | All TM Locations
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Generation 7 Evolution Requirements Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Learn New Pokeball Throw Styles
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Boost Base Stats Fast | EV Farming Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: All Pokemon QR Codes | Complete Gallery
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Evolve | Evolution Stones Locations Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: 6 New Features That Change Everything
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Transfer Pokedex | Compatibility Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Z-Crystal Locations | Z-Moves Unlock Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: All the Version Exclusive Pokemon | Full List
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Demo Secrets Guide & Special Events Calendar
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Preload Available Now | How to Get 12 Free Quick Balls