Because there wasn’t already enough to get done in Pokemon Sun and Moon, now you can add Daily Events to your endless to-do list, right underneath “Catch ’em all.” These special occurences renew daily — sometimes presenting rewards, while other times giving you a new challenge to overcome.
The most important of these events, in this writer’s opinion, is the Island Scan. Scan ten QR Codes and you’ll gain the ability to scan islands for rare Pokemon, instantly pin-pointing a position. There’s a Pokemon for each day of the week, and the choice changes depending on which island you scan. That gives you a total of 28 Pokemon to find, most of which originate from Generation 2/5.
And that’s just one of the Daily Events. See what else there to keep up with in the Alola Region in the full list of entries below.
Daily Events Calendar
Daily Events are special occurences that change on a daily basis. All of these events alter after a calendar day passes. Check back often to get new rewards, find rare Pokemon, or enter into battles.
Using Island Scan For Rare Pokemon
- Event: Island Scan allows you to scan an island for rare Pokemon. The Pokemon changes depending on the day of the week, and the island.
- Requirement: Scan 10 QR Codes and gain 100 QR Points.
- Location: Melemele Island, Akala Island, Ula’ula Island, Poni Island
The amazing Island Scan ability can only be unleashed once you’ve scanned 10 QR Codes. Once you start a scan, you’ll pinpoint the location of a specific Pokemon — the Pokemon is different for each island, on each day of the week. Check out the list below to see which island has which Pokemon on which day.
- Island Scan Pokemon By Day
- Sunday: Cyndaquil (Melemele) | Gothita (Akala) | Rhyhorn (Ula’ula) | Eelektross (Poni)
- Monday: Totodile (Melemele) | Spheal (Akala) | Swinub (Ula’ula) | Conkeldurr (Poni)
- Tuesday: Deino (Melemele) | Luxio (Akala) | Duosion (Ula’ula) | Togekiss (Poni)
- Wednesday: Horsea (Melemele) | Honedge (Akala) | Roselia (Ula’ula) | Leavanny (Poni)
- Thursday: Klink (Melemele) | Venipede (Akala) | Staravia (Ula’ula) | Serperior (Poni)
- Friday: Chikorita (Melemele) | Bellsprout (Akala) | Vigoroth (Ula’ula) | Samurott (Poni)
- Saturday: Litwick (Melemele) | Marill (Akala) | Axew (Ula’ula) | Emboar (Poni)
For help tracking down plenty of points, check out our gallery of Pokemon Sun/Moon QR Codes here.
Part-Time Job At Hano Beach
- Event: Interact with Pyukumuku on the beach to return them to the ocean. Push all of them in the water to gain 20,000.
- Requirement: Simply find and push every beached Pyukumuku on Hano Beach
- Location: Hano Beach
The Pyukumuku respawn on Hano Beach daily. Helping out and pushing them back into the sea will earn you a 20,000 bonus reward each time you finish.
Berry Tree Refills
- Event: A pile of berries will spawn under certain trees daily. Searching the pile will reward you with a berry, or a Pokemon battle.
- Requirement: None! Just finding the berry trees.
- Location: Route 2, Route 3, Route 4, Route 5, Route 8, Route 10, Route 16, Route 17, Poni Wilds, Poni Plains, Secluded Shore
Berry Trees are found all over the Alola Region, and each will reward you with a single Berry (or battle!) when you search the multi-colored pile at the base of the tree. Every Berry tree refills daily, so if you’re enterprising, you can visit multiple Berry trees in a day for extra rewards.
Free Berry Samples at the Megamart
- Event: The Free Samples counter will give the player one of seven Berry types for free, daily.
- Requirement: Visit the Thrifty Megamart.
- Location: Royal Avenue, Thrifty Megamart
The large chainstore is always giving out free sample Berries, but you’ll only get one a day. There are seven berries, and the daily berry is always random.
- Berry Types: Oran, Bluk, Sitrus, Pinap, Mago, Rawst, Tamato
On top of the Berry trees, you can get plenty of Berries daily, especially if you’ve earned the Fly ability.
Play the Daily Lotto to (Eventually) Win Big
- Event: There is a daily lotto available in Hau’oli City. Depending on how many numbers you match, you’ll win bigger and bigger prizes.
- Requirement: The more (and different) Pokemon IDs in your box, the more likely you are to win.
- Location: Hau’oli City Tourist Center
The lotto runs daily, and by keeping a varied set of Pokemon ID numbers in your box, you can increase your chances of winning. Find the prizes listed below.
- Loto-ID Prize Pool (By Number of Matches)
- Moomoo Milk
- PP Up
- PP Max
- Rare Candy
- Master Ball
The best item you can get is a Master Ball for five number matches. There’s plenty more to do in Hau’oli City daily, too! Such as…
Battle And A Meal At The Battle Buffet
- Event: Choose your course meal at the Battle Buffet restaurant to encounter a gauntlet of trainers. Resets daily.
- Requirement: Pay to play — Trainers become high-level after completing the Elite Four.
- Location: Hau’oli City
Like in Pokemon X/Y, Battle Buffets return in Sun/Moon. Like in those games, you’ll fight a handful of trainers depending on how many courses you’ve ordered. It’s a good way to encounter lots of trainers all at once, and can be repeated after the Championship to battle tougher opponents.
Make Your Pokemon Happy With A Massage
- Event: Increases Pokemon happiness when they receive a daily Lomi lomi massage.
- Requirement: Talk to the vendor with the oil symbol on their sign.
- Location: Konikoni City
One vendor on the market street will offer to massage your Pokemon for a quick happiness boost. It can only be done once per day, but the Lomi lomi massage sounds very relaxing.
Pokemon Center Cafe Delicacies
- Event: The Cafe in the Pokemon Center will serve a different local delicacy daily, and tell a story about each type. There is a new type every day.
- Requirement: Purchase from the Cafe in the Pokemon Center.
- Location: All Pokemon Centers in the Alola Region
Along with tea and other drinks, the Pokemon Center cafe also provides special snacks. These semi-desserts are swapped daily, and a new one appears depending on the day of the week.
- Daily Cafe Snack Calendar
- Sunday: Sweet Heart
- Monday: Lumiose Galette
- Tuesday: Rage Candy Bar
- Wednesday: Casteliacone
- Thursday: Old Gateau
- Friday: Shalour Sable
- Saturday: Lava Cookie
Each item has a different effect, but most simply heal a selection of status ailments for your Pokemon.
New Items in Festival Plaza
- Event: Festival Plaza stores will randomly swap items daily.
- Requirement: All items sold in Festival Plaza require Festival Coins to purchase.
- Location: Festival Plaza
Festival Plaza is the new physical multiplayer space where you can meet strangers or bring friends to battle. There are also special shops here that run on Festival Coins. Stock changes daily, so check back often to find rare items.
Daily Battles At the Game Freak Offices
- Event: Battle Pokemon Sun/Moon battle designer Shigeki Morimoto in the Game Freak — battles change daily.
- Requirement: Must complete the Elite 4 and finish the Championship.
- Location: Heahea City
Heahea City is home to a Game Freak office, and there you can encounter Shigeki Morimoto, the guy that headed the design of the Pokemon battle system in Sun / Moon. Come back once a day to battle with all of his Pokemon.
Find even more Pokemon Sun & Moon guides, how-to’s and tutorials on Gameranx:
- 20 Useful Tips & Tricks Pokemon Sun / Moon Doesn’t Tell You
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: 100% Zygarde Guide | Cores & Cells Locations
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: The Best Shiny Pokemon Farming Method
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Efficiently Level Up Poke Pelago
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Find These NPCs For Free Pokemon | Gifts Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Easy Way to Raise Happiness | Friendship Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How To Stop Evolutions | No Everstone Required
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Everything You Need to Know About Pikachu
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Get Your Munchlax Mystery Gift & Snorlium-Z Now
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Get Sungaleo / Lunala | Legendaries Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Where to Find New Moves | All TM Locations
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Generation 7 Evolution Requirements Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Learn New Pokeball Throw Styles
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Catch Ditto | Rare Pokemon Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Boost Base Stats Fast | EV Farming Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: All Pokemon QR Codes | Complete Gallery
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Evolve | Evolution Stones Locations Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: 6 New Features That Change Everything
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Transfer Pokedex | Compatibility Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Z-Crystal Locations | Z-Moves Unlock Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: All the Version Exclusive Pokemon | Full List
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Demo Secrets Guide & Special Events Calendar
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Preload Available Now | How to Get 12 Free Quick Balls