You can’t keep a good Zygarde down for long. Zygarde, the weird creature that requires cells to evolve, returns in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Moon. In the previous, vanilla version of Sun and Moon, you’d have to track down 100 total Zygarde Cells to fully evolve this beast — and finding those cells was pretty tough. Some cells appeared only at night, or during the day, and many were well hidden in the Alolan environment. No more — things are much, much faster this time around.
Zygarde is a very unique Pokémon. Collecting cells was the only way to enhance Zygarde — Zygarde 10% Forme, Zygarde 50% Form, and Zygarde Complete Form require cells, and you can even swap memories with Zygarde Cores. The Dragon / Ground type is only available after becoming Alolan Champion in Ultra, but he’s a pretty cool reward after all you’ve done.
More Pokémon Ultra Sun & Moon guides on Gameranx:
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: Version Differences Guide | Exclusive Pokemon List
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How To Catch Every Legendary | Ultra Wormholes Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How To Farm BP Fast | Beach Surfing Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How To Get Totem Pokemon | All 100 Sticker Locations
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How To Get Ultra Necrozma | Legendary Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: Level Up Fast With SOS Chansey | Easy XP Farming Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How To Boost Stats Fast | EV Training Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: Island Scan Guide | Full Schedule & Locations
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How to Evolve Poipole Into Naganadel | Ultra Beast Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: All Move Tutors & Special NPCS Locations Guide
- Pokemon Ultra Sun & Moon: How To Get Shiny Pokemon Fast | Wormhole Running Guide
How to Get 100% Zygarde Form | Legendary Guide
NOTE: You need to defeat the Elite Four and become Alolan Champion before you can get 100% Zygarde.
In Ultra Sun & Moon, instead of just getting a Zygarde like the base game, you can actually catch a Zygarde. You’ll need to catch the 50% Forme to get the 100% Forme — there are no Zygarde Cell collectibles like last time.
- Go to Resolution Cave, Poni Island and reach the bottom. He’s waiting for you at the bottom.
- Save your game before encountering it, then catch Zygarde 50% Forme.
- Go to Route 16 and enter the Aether trailer. Talk to Dexio inside.
- Defeat Dexio in a Pokémon Battle to earn a Zygarde 10% Forme.
- After winning the battle, Sina will give you a Zygare Cube with 40 Zygarde Cells.
- Use the Zygarde machine in the same building as Dexio, and select Separation.
- Separate the Zygarde you do not want to keep. The Zygarde you separate will be permanently destroyed.
- Now select Assembly -> Zygarde and Zygarde Cube to combine the Zygarde Cells with your Zygarde.
- Your Zygarde will gain “Power Construct” but will not change forms. Enter a battle and wait for Zygarde to reach 50% health, then use Power Construct in battle to evolve.
Complicated, right? Shockingly, this is actually a lot easier than the process in Sun / Moon, even if it sounds really strange. Zygarde won’t evolve until his body senses a dangerous situation, and then it evolves to better protect itself — in the lore, that’s the reason why you can’t evolve until you’re in a battle.
Find even more Pokemon Sun & Moon guides, how-to’s and tutorials on Gameranx:
- 20 Useful Tips & Tricks Pokemon Sun / Moon Doesn’t Tell You
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: 100% Zygarde Guide | Cores & Cells Locations
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: The Best Shiny Pokemon Farming Method
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Efficiently Level Up Poke Pelago
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Find These NPCs For Free Pokemon | Gifts Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Easy Way to Raise Happiness | Friendship Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How To Stop Evolutions | No Everstone Required
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Everything You Need to Know About Pikachu
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Get Your Munchlax Mystery Gift & Snorlium-Z Now
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Get Sungaleo / Lunala | Legendaries Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Where to Find New Moves | All TM Locations
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Generation 7 Evolution Requirements Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Learn New Pokeball Throw Styles
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Catch Ditto | Rare Pokemon Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Boost Base Stats Fast | EV Farming Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: All Pokemon QR Codes | Complete Gallery
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Evolve | Evolution Stones Locations Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: 6 New Features That Change Everything
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Transfer Pokedex | Compatibility Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: All the Version Exclusive Pokemon | Full List
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Demo Secrets Guide & Special Events Calendar
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Preload Available Now | How to Get 12 Free Quick Balls