The final expansion for The Witcher 3 is finally here and filled to the brim with powerful new gear. One such set exclusive to Blood and Wine is the Manticore Witcher armor. This high-level suit can only be crafted by the grandmaster smith of the Toussaint region, designed for only the hardiest Geralt. With a steep character level requirement of 40+, this is the first powerful set that’s been uncovered so far in the Duchy. Learn where to get all six diagrams and how to get the grandmaster smith on your side with the how-to overview and tips right here.
This is just one of the sets included in Blood and Wine, said to feature 30+ weapons, 100+ armor pieces, and hours of questing potential. There’s plenty for Geralt to do and see as he enjoys the fruits of his labor at the vineyard or explores the posh streets of Beauclair. While visiting the town, don’t forget to explore the many weapon shops to find a down-on-his-luck apprentice looking to improve his skills and craft a true work of art. That’s the only way to unlock the Grandmaster tier of gear.
Looking for even more awesome gear? Find every other Grandmaster Witcher set on the complete Blood and Wine locations guide.
Manticore Witcher Set Guide
The Manticore Witcher Set is one of the Grandmaster tier items exclusive to Blood and Wine. These items can only be crafted by a grandmaster smith specific to the Toussaint Region once you collect the corresponding diagrams.
- Grandmaster smith Lafargue is located in the city of Beauclair. There’s an apprentice vendor at one of the weapon shops. Talk to him and he’ll offer his assistance in the Side Quest “Master Master Master Master!”
During this quest, Lafargue will request diagrams to craft his first set of Grandmaster armor.
- Notes On Grandmaster Armor:
- Can only be crafted by grandmaster smith Lafargue
- Must be Level 40+ to equip
- All sets consist of 6 pieces (4 Armor, 2 Swords)
- Wearing half a set provide a unique bonus. The full set provides a full bonus.
Manticore Witcher Set – Diagram Locations
- Manticore Steel Sword:
- West of Corvo Bianco, past the lake with the island on the western shore, you’ll spot a ruin on the map of the Gorgon Foothills. In the Bastoy Prison Ruins, climb to the tower at the top of the hill with partial wooden struts still jutting upward. The first diagram is found on the wooden balcony here.
- Manticore Armor (Medium):
- Travel southeast from Gelenser Farm in the southeastern quadrant of Toussaint. There’s a cave where Lebioda once stayed here. Look at the notes pinned to the final chamber of the underground.
- Manticore Trousers (Medium) + Manticore Boots (Medium):
- Northwest of Plegmund’s Bridge and north of Lebioda’s Statue, you’ll find an Abandoned Temple to the Prophet Lebioda in Sansretour Valley. Use Aard on the cracked doorway at the end of the path, then use Witcher’s senses to spot a red box near the two steps contained both diagrams.
- Manticore Silver Sword:
- On the shores west of the central city, travel along the shore south of the Palace Gardens. There’s a cave entrance called the Murky Delve in the Seidhe Llygad. Enter the submerged cave entrance. Follow the left path up the steps and over the rock platforms, past the discarded crate piles and through a narrow path. Use Aard to knock down the cavern wall to finally reach the hidden chapel. A guardian is rested on the altar with several red glowing loot boxes. Open them all to find this sword diagram.
- Manticore Gauntlets (Medium):
- The final diagram is found at the Lake of Cleansing northeast of Basane Farm. Dive into the water from the small covered dock and use your senses to spot a red loot crate at the bottom of the water.
With all six diagrams, return to the grandmaster smith to craft this complete set of high-tier gear.
Fully explore the region of Toussaint with every how-to and guide for Witcher 3: Blood & Wine on Gameranx:
- Witcher 3: Blood & Wind – DLC-Exclusive Mutations
- Witcher 3: Blood & Wine – Armor Dyes Locations | Crafting Guide
- Witcher 3: Blood & Wine – Corvo Bianco Vineyard Upgrades Guide
- Witcher 3: Blood & Wine – Unique Weapons Locations
- Witcher 3: Blood & Wine – Achievements & Trophies
- Witcher 3: Blood & Wine – Dev Console Guide | DLC Item Codes
- Witcher 3: Blood & Wine – Syanna | Romance & Sex Guide
- Witcher 3: Blood & Wine – Main Quest Boss Battles | Tips & Tricks
- Witcher 3: Blood & Wine – Grandmaster Smith Location Guide
- Witcher 3: ‘Turn and Face the Strange’ DLC Puzzle Solutions
- Witcher 3: Patch 1.2 – How to Dupe Gold | Infinite Cash Glitch
- Witcher 3: Blood & Wine – How to Earn All Endings
- Witcher 3: Blood & Wine – Remove the Wight’s Curse | Guide
- Witcher 3: Blood & Wine – Aerondight | Best Swords Guide