In Destiny 2: Forsaken, every class gains an additional three power trees you can unlock to further enhance your Guardian’s awesome abilities. To earn these upgrades, you’ll need to find special items called ‘Seeds of Light’ — the first one is easy, the other two? Well, that’s when things get a little more complicated.
Here, I’m going to break down everything you need to know if you’re aiming to unlock every power for your Guardian. There are some really good ones too, so it’s worth it. The first ‘Seed of Light’ is straight-forward, and possible to grab in the Tangled Shore. The other two can only be earned in the Dreaming City, which is difficult to unlock all on its own. Strap yourself in, and scroll down if you’re curious about earning all three power trees.
More Destiny 2: Forsaken guides on Gameranx:
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – 8 Essential Tips To Help You Master Gambit Mode | Beginner’s Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Find Every Exotic Weapon (So Far) | Exotics Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Activate Heroic Tangled Shore Public Events | Heroic Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Activate Heroic Dreaming City Public Events | Heroic Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Unlock New Supers | Visions of Light Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – Paul McCartney Returns In This Hilarious Lost Sector | Easter Egg Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – All Region Chests Locations Guide | Tangled Shore
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – All Region Chests Locations Guide | The Dreaming City
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Unlock The Dreaming City | Awoken Talisman Quest Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Use Small Gifts & Secret Cats | Reverie Armor Unlock Guide
How To Unlock All Three Enhanced Subclasses | 3 ‘Seeds of Light’ Guide
To unlock the bonus subclass power trees in Forsaken, you’ll need an item called a ‘Seed of Light’ — the first one is easy. The other two are hard. Here’s how to get all three.
Getting The First Seed of Light
Complete the first mission in the Destiny 2: Forsaken DLC and you’ll get a milestone to hunt down ‘Visions of Light’ — these items drop from boss enemies, or just randomly. Complete Public Events in the Tangled Shore, and you’ll earn 100% in no time.
After completing the challenge, you’ll be directed to Io to play through a story mission. Part of the way through the mission, you’ll gain the Seed of Light, and you can use it to get one of the three power trees. It’s very simple and straightforward.
Getting The Second & Third Seed of Light
The real challenge comes when you need to get the second and third Seed of Light. These are only available in The Dreaming City, a special location that can be unlocked after completing the Forsaken main story campaign. After finishing the story, talk to everyone on the Tower and in the Tangled Shore, and you’ll make a new mission appear.
Complete the mission to enter the Dreaming City. To get the Seeds of Light in the Dreaming City, you’ll need to complete a special Public Event called the Blind Well. The Blind Well is located in the cathedral, through the massive doors found in the Divalian Mists. At the top, you can activate the event with special items with different tiers. You can purchase these tiered items from Petra Venj in exchange for dark fragments.
To get the second Seed of Light, you need to complete the Tier 2 Blind Well. This challenge is recommended for Guardians with PL 520+. There’s a small chance a Seed of Light will drop, so it might take many attempts.
- When a Seed of Light does drop, a new mission will appear on Io. Complete it to unlock your next power upgrade.
The third Seed of Light drops the same way as the second — complete the Tier 2 Blind Well over and over until a third Seed of Light drops. It’s very rare, but it will happen if you keep trying. This isn’t confirmed, but it may be easier to find a third Seed of Light the higher the tier of difficulty you choose for the Blind Well.
More Destiny 2 guides on Gameranx:
- Destiny 2: 10 Things You Should Know Before Starting | Beginner’s Guide
- Destiny 2: Here’s How End-Game Power Levels Work | 260+ PL Guide
- Destiny 2: Soccer Balls, Lava Skins & Bonus Keys | New Social Easter Eggs
- Destiny 2: What Role Is Best For You? | Titan, Warlock & Hunter Class Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Get Legendary Shards | Exotic Currency Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Earn (Or Buy) A Sparrow | Mount Unlock Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Get All New Subclasses | Artifact Unlock Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Unlock The Crucible | PVP Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Get The Scout Commander Aura | Farm Secrets Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Get Every Exotic Weapon | All Exotics List
- Destiny 2: How To Get Exotic Engrams | Farming Method Guide
- Destiny 2: Legendary “Loot Cave” Engram Farming | 260+ PL Guide
- Destiny 2: How to Beat Dominus Ghaul | Final Boss Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Unlock Flashpoints | “In A Flash” Trophy Guide
More Destiny 2: Warmind DLC guides on Gameranx:
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – Spire of Stars Raid Lair Guide | How To Complete Every Step
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – How To Get To Power Level 385 | Fastest PL Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – Sleeper Node Locations & Hint Solutions Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – How To Get Started | Everything New You Need To Know
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – All Mars Region Chests Locations | Treasure Hunter Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – Warsat Down Public Event | Heroic Unlock Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – All 45 Data Fragments Locations | Worldline Zero Exotic Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – How To Get The Sleeper Simulant Exotic | Secret Quest Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – How To Get Override Frequencies & Unlock Sleeper Nodes