It took the combined brain power of the internet to come up with a solution to the mystery — and it all lead to an awesome secret stash — a real world Valkyrie Spear tucked away in a park, discovered by following the coordinates received at the end of the ARG puzzle.
There’s also a fancy note, and a bunch of commemorative coins for those willing to make the trip. The note inside asks visitors to leave a note, and to take only one coins per person.
More Destiny 2: Warmind DLC guides on Gameranx:
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – Spire of Stars Raid Lair Guide | How To Complete Every Step
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – How To Get To Power Level 385 | Fastest PL Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – Sleeper Node Locations & Hint Solutions Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – How To Get Started | Everything New You Need To Know
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – All Mars Region Chests Locations | Treasure Hunter Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – Warsat Down Public Event | Heroic Unlock Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – All 45 Data Fragments Locations | Worldline Zero Exotic Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – How To Get The Sleeper Simulant Exotic | Secret Quest Guide
- Destiny 2: Warmind DLC – How To Get Override Frequencies & Unlock Sleeper Nodes
Rasputin Mystery SOLVED — And Here’s What Players Found
[Image Source: Luxomnis]
Let’s go back and explain what this is all about. Previously, I detailed the “Rasputin Mystery” in this post, covering the progress that had been made before the weekend deluge of information. Basically, it boils down to a strange symbol located in Warmind Rasputin’s lair, a location you can revisit after completing the DLC story campaign. When you’re back at the lair, it’s possible to locate a very strange symbol that points to hidden clues throughout Mars. It’s a truly awesome, complicated puzzle, and it’s amazing that the community managed to solve it so quickly.
Even if everything gets grabbed up by swag-thirsty Destiny fans, we still have photographic evidence of the spear (shown in the header image above) — and that’s worth something. Some players are already saying that the cache has been forcibly removed — though I couldn’t find any concrete evidence of that. For all the future generations of Destiny 2 players, if you find that weird image in Rasputin’s lair, I recommend giving up now and just checking out this thread for all the details.
The spear itself was found at the coordinates [43.549573, -73.544868] — found at Sleeping Beauty Mountain Park. That’s a long way to go just to check out a spear and grab a fancy coin, but this was an awesome little attempt at doing something cool on Bungie’s part.
More Destiny 2 guides on Gameranx:
- Destiny 2: 10 Things You Should Know Before Starting | Beginner’s Guide
- Destiny 2: Here’s How End-Game Power Levels Work | 260+ PL Guide
- Destiny 2: Soccer Balls, Lava Skins & Bonus Keys | New Social Easter Eggs
- Destiny 2: What Role Is Best For You? | Titan, Warlock & Hunter Class Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Get Legendary Shards | Exotic Currency Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Earn (Or Buy) A Sparrow | Mount Unlock Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Get All New Subclasses | Artifact Unlock Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Unlock The Crucible | PVP Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Get The Scout Commander Aura | Farm Secrets Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Get Every Exotic Weapon | All Exotics List
- Destiny 2: How To Get Exotic Engrams | Farming Method Guide
- Destiny 2: Legendary “Loot Cave” Engram Farming | 260+ PL Guide
- Destiny 2: How to Beat Dominus Ghaul | Final Boss Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Unlock Flashpoints | “In A Flash” Trophy Guide