The first mythical Pokemon Sun / Moon giveaway from Game Freak is available now. All you have to do to claim your very own Magearna is scan a special QR Code. Actually, there is a little more than that, but we’ll explain everything you need to know in the quick guide below.
Magearna is a unique Steel/Fairy dual-type that’s completely mechanical (and artificial!), and the only currently-known Pokemon that can learn the special move Fleur Cannon. It is the first of two unique Gen7 exclusive mythical Pokemon — the second is the darker Fighting/Ghost dual-type Marshadow. Both will be available eventually, but for now you’ll have to settle for a free Magearna.
For more free Pokemon, don’t miss out on the Munchlax Mystery Gift.
Mythical Magearna – Giveaway Event
NOTE: Before you can unlock Magearna, you must first defeat the Elite Four and become champion of the Alola Region.
To claim Magearna, open your Rotom Pokedex and select QR Code. Scan the QR Code below to make Magearna available to collect in-game.
Next, travel to Hau’oli City Mall and visit the Antiquities of the Ages shop in the upper-right corner. There you can collect your mythical Magearna from the deliveryman and add it to your party.
That’s all it takes to get Magearna, who was the very first Generation 7 Pokemon revealed thanks to an early leak of Pokemon Sun / Moon content. Magearna might be the first Gen 7, but it actually appeared earlier in the Pokemon XY movie, Volcanion and the Mechanical Marvel. Magearna is the mechanical marvel, just FYI.
Find even more Pokemon Sun & Moon guides, how-to’s and tutorials on Gameranx:
- 20 Useful Tips & Tricks Pokemon Sun / Moon Doesn’t Tell You
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: 100% Zygarde Guide | Cores & Cells Locations
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: The Best Shiny Pokemon Farming Method
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Efficiently Level Up Poke Pelago
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Find These NPCs For Free Pokemon | Gifts Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: All the Daily Events You Won’t Want to Miss
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Easy Way to Raise Happiness | Friendship Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How To Stop Evolutions | No Everstone Required
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Everything You Need to Know About Pikachu
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Get Sungaleo / Lunala | Legendaries Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Where to Find New Moves | All TM Locations
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Generation 7 Evolution Requirements Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Learn New Pokeball Throw Styles
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Catch Ditto | Rare Pokemon Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Boost Base Stats Fast | EV Farming Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: All Pokemon QR Codes | Complete Gallery
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Evolve | Evolution Stones Locations Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: 6 New Features That Change Everything
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: How to Transfer Pokedex | Compatibility Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Z-Crystal Locations | Z-Moves Unlock Guide
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: All the Version Exclusive Pokemon | Full List
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Demo Secrets Guide & Special Events Calendar
- Pokemon Sun & Moon: Preload Available Now | How to Get 12 Free Quick Balls
Image Source: