There is a ton of hype right now for Pokemon as just about everyone, young and old, are playing the newly released Pokemon Go app on iOS and Android. The new app may have captivated hears of many, with some gamers once again going back to catch them all years later, there’s still plenty of gamers eagerly awaiting the release of Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon. Now, new leaks have been possibly discovered online that gives out some major details for the game.
The leaks come from NeoGaf user, Watch Da Birdie, who states out some content which supposedly came from a Chinese leak. Regardless of this potentially being completely false, we do want to warn readers of possible spoilers.
Here are the leaks broken down from the NeoGaf posting.
- Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio evolve into an archer, a wrestler, and a siren respectively—this matches this interesting “concept art” that has been circulating for awhile now but has yet to be confirmed or discredited.
- In addition to Salandit, there’s New Pokemon based on a mushroom, a dolphin, a sea cucumber, a snowman, and some sort of “rugby monkey”—a monkey with a ball, apparently? If legit I imagine one or two of these Pokemon will be officially revealed soon, perhaps in CoroCoro, and if so that will speak to the legitimacy of this leak.
- Rockruff will evolve into a werewolf. The official site mentions Rockruff howling at night prior to evolution in its flavor text and if this list was originally seen before then, not sure though when it first appeared, that’s a plus for it.
- Marshadow, a name we saw trademarked alongside the Box Legendaries a few months ago, apparently has a “very unique Typing”. I’ve been speculating that Marshadow could be similar to Victini as a Mythical Pokemon revealed prior to the release of Sun and Moon, and I wonder if the upcoming Volcanion film could reveal him if my theory is correct at the end like what happened with Victini at the end of the final Diamond and Pearl film.
- There are apparently these special areas on the map that are hidden at first known as “districts” (?) where powerful Pokemon known as Overlords reside. Are these Legendaries? Or are they simply unusually powerful normal Pokemon with Hidden Abilities perhaps?
- No Gym Leaders. We’ve yet to see any real sign of Gyms this time around, and I was wondering about that honestly. Instead it seems the plot of the game involves forming a League and each Island is protected by an Island Leader. I assume the first one is Hala and Tapu Koko, who we’ve seen in previews, who serve as the Island Leaders of Melemele Island. It seems an actual Elite Four will eventually appear, perhaps in the post-game.
- The diamonds seen in the logo, and in the bracelets the playable characters wear, are collectible and seem to unlock functions somewhat simillar to Mega Evolution but not quite—perhaps this is related to the “Super Move” Pikachu is shown using in a shot posted to the official site. One of these stones apparently will be used to access Ash-Greninja.
- You can ride almost any Pokemon, though what “almost any” includes isn’t quite clear. A recent shot posted to the official site shows the player riding a Stoutland, so if this list was posted before that it’s another plus in its authenticity.