The best weapons in Cyberpunk 2077 are Iconic. Iconic Weapons are uniques with names and powerful buffs. These weapons are usually dropped by specifically tough bosses, found at the bottom of dungeons, or rewarded for completing side-quests in the perfect way. You can easily miss some of the best weapons in Phantom Liberty and never even know it. Here are all the Iconic weapons we’ve found so far and how to get them.
More Cyberpunk 2077 guides:
Cyberpunk 2077 Guides | 10 Quick Tips | 5 Weirdest Items You Don’t Want To Miss | All Romance Options Guide | How To Find Hideo Kojima & BB | Easter Eggs Guide | How To Improve Performance On PC & Console | Develop Rooms & Easter Eggs | Edgerunner Jacket Location | Best Ending Guide | Powerful Early Katana | Best Cyberdecks
All Iconic Weapon Locations
Cheetah (Power Pistol): Play through the Gig: No Easy Way Out. You’ll be contacted over the phone by a client named Fred. Go find Aaron the boxer and help him meet a Ripperdoc. You can fight or sneak through the building — either way, reach the Ripperdoc and wait for the procedure to complete. Before Aaron wakes up, a leader of the Animals gang will appear. Choose to fight her instead of taking the deal. After taking out Angie, check the body for this pistol.
- The closer you are to the target, the stronger this Iconic Pistol becomes. It deals extreme headshot damage. Hit to the torso also deal more damage.
Hawk (Power Assault Rifle): Progress the main story until you begin Main Job: Lucretia My Reflection and meet Reed. Return to your Dog Town Hideout with Reed and you’ll discuss next steps. After the conversation, Reed will lead the President out of the safe house. Next to the computer terminal, you’ll now find the Hawk Assault Rifle. It is leaning against the wall behind the laptop.
- A powerful single shot rifle with blazingly high headshot damage multiplier.
Dezerter (Power Double-Barrel Shotgun): Begin the Gig: The Man Who Killed Jason Foreman. This is a gig for Mr. Hands located in Dogtown. At the end of the mission, you’ll get several choices for dealing with Rinder. Select [Put gun to Rinder’s Head] and he’ll give you a keycode to a weapon case with this weapon. This leads to the Addicted to Chaos job. Complete it to get your powerful weapon.
- Alternatively, sold by Herold the Weapon Vendor in Dog Town.
- It is incredibly powerful — but sets your player ON FIRE when used. A huge downside to a crazy weapon.
Carmen (Power Assault Rifle): In the center of Dog Town, find the Side Job for Paco and Babs. They’re a pair of rookie mercenaries. Talk to them and hear the full story. At the end, you’ll be given three options. Tell Paco to [Run for the Hills] and escape the city instead of staying. If you follow this path, you’ll help Paco escape Dog Town. After successfully smuggling Paco out of the city, you’ll be rewarded with this iconic weapon.
- An extremely powerful Assault Rifle that allows you to stay mobile while dealing high headshot and limb damage.
Ogou (Smart Pistol): Located during the Gig: Treating Symptoms located in the northeast corner of Dog Town, near the Luxor High Wellness Spa fast travel marker. You’ll infiltrate a Voodoo Boys hideout. Defeat the Robot Mk. 2 boss and loot the body. It drops this powerful lock-on pistol.
- A fast lock-on and high crit damage make this Smart Pistol a killer choice for Tech Builds.
Agaou (Axe): Dropped by the boss Aya Zorin in the Increased Crime Activity area marked on the map, in the atrium-like building near the Luxor High Wellness Spa fast-travel marker. Enter the Voodoo Boys territory and take out the tough boss — she drops this iconic axe.
- This unique axe emits an electricity shockwave that can zap multiple enemies.
Sparky (Power Sniper Rifle): Located in the Terra Cognita High Criminal Activity area. Inside the pavilion with the spaceship on the rooftop, clear out the scavengers to unlock the armory in the front-right of the building. You’ll find this iconic rifle inside.
- An incredibly powerful but slow sniper rifle. What makes it special is the 30% chance to shock.
Raiju (Tech Submachine Gun): Located in the Barghest Checkpoint to the west of the Kress Street Fast Travel marker. There’s an Increased Criminal Activity area here — enter the tunnel and follow the caves to a large machinery room. Defeat the boss Ross Ulmer and progress deeper into the tunnels. Fight him a second time in heavy mech armor to gain access to the locked cache. You’ll find the Raiju inside the weapons cache.
- This special SMG charges fast — and when it does charge, fires in fully automatic mode.
Her Majesty (Post Pistol): Progress the story until you reach the Main Job: Get It Together. While planning on breaking into the Black Sapphire Tower, you’ll get the option to take any of the gear in the underground safehouse. You’ll need to open the case for the Diving Suit. Next to that, there’s a small weapon case. Open it to earn the Her Majesty.
- A special stealth pistol with an integrated silencer. This weapon becomes perfectly accurate and deals automatic critical damage when Optical Camo is activated.
Rasetsu (Tech Sniper Rifle): During Main Job: Get It Together, you’ll capture a sniper nest and use it to help Reed cross through the upper levels of the hotel. After clearing the floor, you’ll take the Sniper Rifle with you.
- A silenced energy rifle that has extreme headshot damage, extreme armor penetration, and your shots even bend to hit any other nearby enemies in the weapon’s general trajectory.
Ambition (Tech Pistol): During the Gig: Prototype in the Scraper, found on the far west edge of Dogtown, you’ll find trapped engineer in the Scav den. Free him and allow him to leave without sending him back to the corp. If you do that, later in the Phantom Liberty DLC, you’ll automatically be contacted to meet Hasan again. Go to his apartment and he’ll give you the Ambition Tech Pistol.
- The Tech Pistol isn’t just powerful — headshots will also apply blind to enemies. Very good for disabling especially tough enemies.
Ol’ Reliable (Power Revolver): Progress the Gig: Shot By Both Sides to enter a secret Militech base with a journalist. Underground, a Militech Agent will confront you. Kill him and he’ll drop this named revolver.
- A slow and steady revolver with some huge critical damage.
Pizdets (Smart Submachine Gun): Begin the Gig: Spy in the Jungle and enter the Natural History Museum. After reaching Bana’s hiding spot, a Spetsnaz agent will confront V. Defeat him and search the body to collect this unique SMG.
- For a Smart SMG, it has a quick lock-on and the fire rate increases the longer you fire.
Murphy’s Law (One-Handed Club): During the Main Job: Firestarter, you’ll need to choose to side with So-Mi. In the ensuing chaos, fight your way out of the stadium. In the Car Showroom, you’ll encounter the guard that helped you enter the stadium — Murphy. Check his body to collect this special baton.
- This baton is best used against enemies on the ground. Charged strong attacks also deal more damage.
Mancinella (Power Revolver): Acquired during the Main Job: Run This Town. After meeting Mr. Hands, you’ll be told to assume the identity of an assassin. You’ll acquire a shard with Aguilar’s Imprint and Aguilar’s Gun.
- A custom revolver that has a chance to apply poison damage. You’ll also continue to deal Stealth damage momentarily even after entering Combat.
Fang (Knife): Dropped by Kurt Hansen after finishing him off. During the Main Job: Firestarter, if you side with Reed and try to capture Songbird, you’ll fight Kurt Hansen as you escape the stadium. Defeat him to acquire this unique knife.
- Throwing this knife causes crippling damage — and damage increases the more consecutive attacks you land.
Bald Eagle (Power Revolver): Also dropped by Kurt Hansen.
- A unique revolver that can be used in conjunction with Fang. Throwing Fang into an enemy’s leg, if you shoot the leg with the Bald Eagle, you’ll deal extreme damage and the Fang will return to you.
Wild Dog (Power Light Machine Gun): The last weapon dropped by Kurt Hansen.
- Increases crit chance and fire rate the more shots land on your target. When you’re out of ammo, quick melee deals massive damage.
Crimestopper (Smart Pistol): During the Gig: Heaviest of Hearts, sneak into VIP Room 06 — this is the room where you’ll find the D.A. Inside, look in the Tier 5 luggage. You’ll find this iconic smart pistol.
- This special gun locks onto two enemies simultaneously when aiming.
Hercules 3AX (Smart Assault Rifle): During the Gig: Roads to Redemption, you’ll sneak into the weapon production lab of the Barghest Stadium. Reach the ammo storage warehouse with the shooting range. Inside one of the booths, you’ll find this special weapon.
- Has a 1sec lock-on time, fires fast and has a chance to poison targets.
[Work-in-Progress: Check back soon for more weapon locations!]