Valentine’s Day is just around the corner and love is in the air in Pokemon Go with the Carnival of Love 2024 event. It all kicks off on February 13 and there are plenty of goodies up for grabs.
There’s a lot to do during this celebration, with free and paid content available to dive into. The most notable part of the event is a Shiny Oricorio becoming available to catch in Pokemon Go for the very first time.
More Pokemon guides
Pokemon Sleep: How to Catch More Shiny Pokemon | Pokemon Go: How to get Gogoat and Can it be Shiny? | Pokemon Go: How to get Skiddo and Can it be Shiny? | Pokemon Go: How to get Detective Pikachu and Can it be Shiny? | Pokemon Go: Ticket of Treats Event Schedule and Bonuses | Pokemon Go: Timburr October Community Day Schedule and Bonuses | Pokemon Go: Plugging Along Special Research Tasks and Rewards | Pokemon Go: Oddish Research Day Bonuses | Pokemon Go: How to Complete a Paldean Adventure Collection Challenge | Pokemon Go: How to get Dragalge and Can it be Shiny? | Pokemon Go: How to get a Galarian Weezing and Can it be Shiny? | Pokemon Go: How to get Zygarde Cells |
Pokemon Go Carnival of Love 2024 event bonuses
During the event, the chances of receiving Candy XL when walking with your buddy is increased and you’ll earn two guaranteed Candy XL for evolving Pokemon. Trainers located in Brazil can earn double XP for catching Pokemon during the Carnival of Love event in celebration of Brazilian Carnival.
The following Pokemon will appear more frequently in the wild:
- Baile Style Oricorio (Europe, the Middle East, and Africa only)
- Pom-Pom Style Oricorio (the Americas only)
- Pa’u Style Oricorio (African, Asian, Pacific, and Caribbean islands only)
- Sensu Style Oricorio (Asia-Pacific region only)
- Red Flower Flabebe (Europe, the Middle East, and Africa only)
- Blue Flower Flabebe (Asia-Pacific region only)
- Yellow Flower Flabebe (the Americas only)
If you’re lucky, you might encounter White Flower Flabebe and Orange Flower Flabebe, no matter what region you’re in.
Trainers can encounter the following Pokemon when they complete Field Research tasks, all of which have a chance to appear as a Shiny:
- Spinda with a heart pattern
If you’ve manged to catch Furfrou, you can change its trim during the event by:
- Finding Furfrou in your Pokemon Storage, tapping it to check its summary, and then tapping the ‘Change Form’ button to bring up a menu that lists the available trims.
- Select your preferred trim.
- Changing your Furfrou from one trim to any other trim will cost 25 Furfrou Candy and 10,000 Stardust.
In addition, the event will feature paid Timed Research. For $1.00 (or the equivalent pricing in your local currency,) you’ll be able to access event-exclusive tasks.
Timed Research rewards include:
- Stardust, XP, and two Incense
- Five encounters with Spinda with a heart pattern
All tasks must be completed and rewards must be claimed before the Pokemon Go Carnival of Love event ends on Thursday, February 15, 2024.