To unlock the extremely hard-to-find customization keychains in The Division 2, you’ll have to look in secret places and complete undocumented challenges. You’ve probably earned a few just from finishing the game, and there might be keyc
hains waiting for you in new areas of upgraded settlements. Some keychains are pre-order bonuses, but most of them can be found (or earned) in the game’s post-pandemic Washington D.C.
Many of the keychains require you to search everywhere in the environment. They aren’t always pointed out — you’ll need to loot specific spots to get these rewards. For example, you can get a tiny Lincoln keychain at the Lincoln Memorial, or a spaceship at the Air and Space Museum. One of the keychains is earned by completing your collection of secret boss Hunter masks — while others require you to explore the Dark Zones and fight disavowed agents.
We were able to find a handful of these keychains ourselves, but many were discovered by u/tmatos2001 on Reddit. All credits for these discoveries goes to them!
More The Division 2 guides:
- The Division 2: The Best Skills You’ll Want To Unlock First | Beginner’s Guide
- The Division 2: 12 Features The Game Doesn’t Explain | Beginner’s Guide
- The Division 2: Unlock A WW2 Era Uniform With This Hidden Quest | Secrets Guide
How To Unlock Every Keychain Accessory | Secret Customization Guide
Keychains are unique customization options you can unlock or find in the environment. Here’s a full list of all the (current) keychains in the game, and how to unlock them.
2 Chess Pieces: Take control of all the Control Points on World-Tier 4 at the same time.
Armpatch and Dogtags: Capitol Hill Stronghold – Drops from the final True Sons boss.
Blood Vial: Roosevelt Island Stronghold – Look for a lootable dresser before hopping down into the underground tunnel.
Capitol Building: Earned for completing activities in the Open Beta.
Conflict Symbol: Unlock Maximum Level in Conflict.
DC Flag: Unlock Commendation Tier 5.
East DZ: Earn disavowed agent kills in East DZ.
Gavel: Earned for completing the main mission where you rescue and return the President.
Gold Bar: Treasury Mission – When you enter the vault itself, search the deposit boxes to get this keychain.
Hunter’s Axe: Kill all the secret Hunter bosses and collect their 8 Ivory Keys. Use the keys to open the Ivory Chest in the White House. You’ll get this keychain, a unique shader, and an Exotic weapon.
Ice Hockey Player: District Union Arena Stronghold – Drops from the final Hyenas boss.
Lincoln Bust: Lincoln Memorial Mission – Loot the containers in the giftshop area under the memorial.
Plushie Flower: Campus Settlement – Upgrade to Settlement Level 2, and you’ll find the flower in a container, in the new area above the Stage.
Plushie Hippo: Theater Settlement – Upgrade to Settlement Level 2, and explore the new area above the leader’s room. Open the box to get the keychain.
Rogue Coin: Randomly earned for entering the special Rogue Agent Safe House in DZ, or by accessing Rogue Agent terminals.
Skeleton: DCD Headquarters Mission – Down the elevator, you’ll enter a morgue and explore the lower floors. Ahead, look for a model human skeleton and loot it.
Space Shuttle: Air and Space Museum – Look for the area with the crashed space shuttle. Near the tail of the shuttle, there’s a lootable shelf with this keychain.
South DZ: Earn disavowed agent kills in South DZ.
Supply Crate: Play Dark Zone East in the Open Beta.
Teddy Bear: Pre-order bonus for all versions of the game on PC.
Traffic Cone: Complete all Contaminated Zones.
US Flag: Reward for earning maximum Shield Tier in The Division 1.
West DZ: Earn disavowed agent kills in West DZ.
More The Division 2 guides:
- The Division 2: How To Craft Your First (And Easiest) Exotic | ‘Taste of the Exotic’ Guide
- The Division 2: How To Farm Faction Keys & Caches | Chatterbox Exotic Guide
- The Division 2: How To Grind For Tons Of Gear, Weapons & Cash | Farming Guide
- The Division 2: Get To Level 30 Efficiently With These XP Earning Tips
- The Division 2: How To Improve Performance On PC | Tweaks Guide
- The Division 2: How To Unlock & Join Clans | Multiplayer Guide
- The Division 2: Where To Find For Honor & Grow Home | Easter Eggs Guide
- The Division 2: Here’s How To Steal The Declaration Of Independence | Side Mission Guide
- The Division 2: How To Change Your Hair & Appearance | Barber Unlock Guide