Want more awesome loot after completing the campaign in The Curse of Osiris, the first DLC expansion for Destiny 2? Play through the adventures and public event to unlock a brand new feature in the Lighthouse Social Space — the Weapon Forge. These special quests are only unlocked after completing Heroic Adventures, and they require some serious grinding to get all the materials you need, but the results are worth it.
The Weapon Forge helps your Guardian create awesome armor and weapons that are completely unique to the Mercury setting. Everything here is Vex-themed, from the new Guardian armor to the arsenal of weaponry, and if you’re looking to grab everything, you’ll need to finish up (almost) everything there is to accomplish on Mercury. Learn all about the Weapon Forge feature with the guide below.
More Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris DLC guides on Gameranx:
- Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris – How to Activate Mercury Heroic Public Events
- Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris – How to Unlock the Secret Lighthouse Chest | Easter Egg Guide
- Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris – All Mercury Region Chest Locations | Collectibles Guide
- Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris – How to Get Radiolarian Cultures Faster | Farming Guide
- Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris – How to Get to Power Level 330 | Raid Prep Guide
- Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris – Every New DLC-Exclusive Exotic Weapon | All Exotics List
How to Unlock the Weapon Forge
Before you can unlock the Weapon Forge and start forging cool Vex weapons / gear, you’ll need to complete a few steps. Here, I’ll detail how to unlock the Weapon Forge itself, all the steps you’ll need to take post-campaign, and how to start forging new (and awesome) items for your Guardian. Let’s get into it.
- The Weapon Forge: Step-by-Step
- Complete the solo campaign missions.
- Adventure Missions will unlock in the Mercury Patrol Zone.
- Complete all three Adventures:
- The Runner, The Up and Up, & Bug in the System
- Return to Brother Vance to collect a Legendary Engram and Heroic Adventures.
- Complete one of the Heroic Adventures — any will work.
- After completing one Heroic Adventure, you’ll get the “Lost Prophet, Verse 1” reward.
Check the quest item and you’ll see you need to collect 10 items to create 1 material — the items required for the “Lost Prophet, Verse 1” are acquired in the Mercury Public Events. You’ll get 1-2 per event. Craft the complete material at the Brother Vance vendor menu.
With the material unlocked, use it in your inventory to combine it with “Lost Prophet, Verse 1”, then turn in the quest item to Brother Vance — finally, you can then travel to the Weapon Forge to the left of Brother Vance to begin forging.
You must complete this first crafting Weapon Forge quest — after that, you’ll find more Lost Prophet Verses from Brother Vance. You can select whichever you prefer and begin on a new Weapon Forge quest.
There are a total of 11 Lost Prophet Verses. It isn’t exactly clear when more will appear, but the challenges for each Verse past #1 are much steeper, and it’s going to take a whole lot more scrounging to get all the materials you need to complete future verses.
More Destiny 2 guides on Gameranx:
- Destiny 2: 10 Things You Should Know Before Starting | Beginner’s Guide
- Destiny 2: Here’s How End-Game Power Levels Work | 260+ PL Guide
- Destiny 2: Soccer Balls, Lava Skins & Bonus Keys | New Social Easter Eggs
- Destiny 2: What Role Is Best For You? | Titan, Warlock & Hunter Class Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Get Legendary Shards | Exotic Currency Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Earn (Or Buy) A Sparrow | Mount Unlock Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Get All New Subclasses | Artifact Unlock Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Unlock The Crucible | PVP Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Get The Scout Commander Aura | Farm Secrets Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Get Every Exotic Weapon | All Exotics List
- Destiny 2: How To Get Exotic Engrams | Farming Method Guide
- Destiny 2: Legendary “Loot Cave” Engram Farming | 260+ PL Guide
- Destiny 2: How to Beat Dominus Ghaul | Final Boss Guide
- Destiny 2: How To Unlock Flashpoints | “In A Flash” Trophy Guide