Kingdom Come: Deliverance is a buggy game. We all know this by now, so it’s time to use some of these weird glitches to our advantage. There are plenty of weird and wonderful ways you can exploit the strange, complicated systems of Kingdom Come: Deliverance — and one fun way involves a horse, an archery contest, and an easy ticket to victory. Here, we’re going to show you a fun trick that makes winning archery contests super easy.
If that isn’t enough, because it never is, we’ll also explain how to straight-up cheat. Archery contests are tricky for two reasons — your opponents are better than you, or you’re struggling because of a lack of reticule. You can cheat in two unique ways. Either by giving yourself a reticule with the developer console (only available on PC) or using your horse to block your opponents. Hilariously.
More Kingdom Come: Deliverance guides on Gameranx:
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance – 10 Weird Tips & Tricks You Need To Know | Beginner’s Guide
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance – 5 Tips To Help You Get Cash | Early Gold Guide
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance – How To Start Every Courtship | Romance Guide
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance – How To Save Your Game | Beginner’s Guide
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance – How To Learn Alchemy & Brew Potions | Crafting Guide
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance – How To Improve PC Performance | Tweaks Guide
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance – How To Use Developer Console on PC | Commands List
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance – How To Quickly Level Up Lockpicking | Thief Guide
- Kingdom Come: Deliverance – How To Get End-Game Plate Armor Early | Location Guide
How To Easily Win Archery Contests
Archery contests are a pretty good way to earn some extra cash early in Kingdom Come: Deliverance. The only downside is that you can fail if you’re up against a master bowman, and if you haven’t put in much practice, it’s not always easy to judge where your arrow will land.
There are two methods you can use to cheat in an archery contest. One is hilarious, the other makes archery hilariously easy. We’ll start with the funny one first.
Method #1: Horse-Blocking
This method (and image) was originally detailed by Redditor IlRegicideofHorus, and all you need is a horse. You can use a temporary horse, or one that hasn’t yet despawned from a nearby quest. Whatever horse you use, you can block your opponents.
- Stop your horse directly in front of your closest opponent.
- The guy closest to you is the best archer. If your horse is close enough to him (as in, literally touching) he won’t even be able to raise his bow and shoot.
- If you want to be really sure, you can use a second horse to block the second archer.
- If you block both archers, just score a few points and wait for an hour to win the contest.
It really is that easy. Technically, this isn’t even cheating. But, like the bucket-on-head exploit in Skyrim, it looks really funny.
Method #2: Cheating With Console Commands
This method is both more “legit” and more of a cheat than the previous scheme. It isn’t as funny, but it’s an easy way to make archery a breeze. Here, we’re going to enable crosshairs with the developer console on PC. It’s really simple.
- Press [`] tilde on your keyboard to bring down the developer console window while in-game.
- Type in and enter the following console command: wh_pl_showfirecursor 1
- You now have a crosshair when firing your bow!
To disable crosshairs, type this command: wh_pl_showfirecursor 0. It’s really easy, and being able to aim perfectly makes these contests a whole lot easier if you’re having trouble. And if you’re worried, enabling the console and using cheats will not disable Steam achievements.