Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Islander’s Almanac Magazine Locations
On PC, PS4 & Xbox One: Unlock recipes, points of interest, and useful stat buffs with all five “Islanders’ Almanac” locations in the new Far Harbor add-on to Fallout 4.
Go magazine hunting in Fallout 4 with these locations for the “Islander’s Alamanac” — a unique collectible found only on the foggy shores of the Far Harbor DLC. Like in vanilla Fallout 4, magazines provide a number of helpful upgrades and items, and we’ll detail what each of the Islander’s Almanac issues can do for your Sole Survivor.
Set in and around the real-life Bar Harbor, the mysterious island is now overrun with post-apocalyptic wild-life and killer feral ghouls. A new case for the Valentine Detective Agency kicks off the plot, and the Sole Survivor travels by boat up to Maine to check out the spooky goings-on. Children of the Atom lurk around every corner, and even-more mutated monsters stalk the shorelines. The extra challenge equals extra reward, and Far Harbor promises lots of rewards. These “Islander’s Almanac” magazines might not seem like much, but if you’re eager to uncover every nook and cranny of the island, you’ll want to track these issues down.
If you’re a true survivor, check out Gameranx’s massive list of guides, how-to’s, secret locations, and everything else a fresh Vault 111 escapee needs to thrive on the Fallout 4 Ultimate Commonwealth Guide.
Islander’s Almanac Magazine Locations
- Almanac #1: Far Harbor’s Sightseer Guide
- Location: Far Harbor – Enter The Last Plank bar and check the table in the windowed corner where you first meet Old Longfellow.
- Reward: You’ve unlocked POI (Points of Interest) map markers across the island.
- Almanac #2: Children of the Atom Expose’
- Location: Acadia – Located in the Synth settlement, take the stairs on your right down and reach the large room with the reception desk on your left. The magazine is located on this desk.
- Reward: You receive 10% less damage from Radiation based attacks.
- Almanac #3: Recipe Roundup
- Location: National Park Visitor’s Center – Found in the north-central area of the island, turn right through the front door and look on the reception desk with the computer.
- Reward: You’ve unlocked Sludge based recipes at the Chemistry Station.
- Almanac #4: Precision Hunting
- Location: Brooke’s Head Lighthouse – On the southern tip of the island, enter the top of the actual lighthouse tower, climb up into the wooden structure at the top and check the flower shelf near the window.
- Reward: You have a 5% higher VATS chance against animals you are in combat with.
- Almanac #5: Pincer Dodger
- Location: Northwood Ridge Quarry – North of the lighthouse, go inside through the door. Walk past the hanging-can traps, up onto the wooden platform past, and into the wooden structure up a few more steps. You’ll find the magazine between the bed and the chest.
- Reward: You take 5% less damage from Mirelurk melee attacks.
Achievement / Trophy Unlocked:
- The Islander’s Almanac: Collect all issues of “The Islander’s Almanac” magazine.
Need more Fallout 4: Far Harbor locations, collectibles, and info? Check out the rest of our DLC guides on Gameranx:
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – How to Access the New DLC
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – All New Weapons | Locations Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – All New Apparel & Armor | Locations Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – 4 Workshop Locations | Push Back the Fog Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – New Recipes | Just Add Saltwater Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Breathe Underwater | Dive Suit Location
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Bowling Ball Launcher Location Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – How to Get 3 New Settlement Guard Dogs
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Best Gear Guide | Assault Marine Locations
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – All 5 DiMA Memory Puzzle Solutions
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Discover the Secrets of Cranberry Island
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Weapons & Armor Item IDs | Dev Console Cheats