Hideo Kojima’s Death Stranding project is still cloaked in mystery, but we do know that the mastermind behind Metal Gear Solid is now teaming up with former Killzone developers Guerrilla Games to create his next (hopeful) masterpiece. So, what’s the big deal with these Easter eggs in Horizon Zero Dawn?
They’re basically just allusions to the Kojima Productions logo. The most obvious reason for this inclusion is simple — Death Stranding is using the same engine as Horizon Zero Dawn. Both studios are first-party Sony developers, so it only makes sense they’d pool resources, even if this particular Easter egg isn’t the most impressive thing in the world.
There aren’t any crazy items or weapons to collect here, just some crafty materials and a tiny nod to a future game. Still, it’s worth checking out for fans. That’s why we’re going to explain exactly where you need to look. Thanks to Youtuber Arekkz Gaming for finding (and showing off!) these Easter eggs.
More Horizon Zero Dawn guides on Gameranx:
- Horizon Zero Dawn: How To Get Unlimited Fast Travel | Beginner’s Guide
- Horizon Zero Dawn: Best Ways To Kill Every Enemy | Bestiary Guide
- Horizon Zero Dawn: Unlock Invincibility With This Secret Armor Location
- Horizon Zero Dawn: How to Beat Every Giant Robot | Full Walkthrough
- Horizon Zero Dawn: Get Every Collectible Location With These Maps
- Horizon Zero Dawn: How To Climb Tallnecks & Clear Fog | Locations Guide
- Horizon Zero Dawn: How To Ride Robots & Unlock Permanent Mounts
- Horizon Zero Dawn: How To Recruit All Optional Allies | Defense Guide
Death Stranding Easter Eggs | Guide
As you progress through the game, you’ll find tons of collectibles — including boxes with very rare items made specifically to trade to merchants. There are three of these references hidden throughout the game. All are collectibles, and each can be traded for a little bit of scrap.
- Stranded Necklace: This is the necklace worn by Norman Reedus in the first reveal trailer of Death Stranding.
- Location: Early in the story. (More info coming soon.)
- Stranded Shackles: The futuristic handcuffs on Norman Reedus’ hand during the trailer.
- Location: Repel into the underground area behind the coliseum and look at the tables to the left.
- Stranded Figure: This is the creepy doll figure used by Guillermo Del Toro in another crazy trailer for Death Stranding.
- Location: Opening area, go through the large terminal hallway and take the stairs down on the left. At the bottom of the steps, look in the narrow space to the left of the stairs.
As an extra hint, each of these items in your inventory menu sports a Kojima Productions logo. Just take a look at the Ludens helmet, the new mascot, and the resemblance becomes pretty obvious. The most fun part of these is the unique descriptions for each item.