Aloy, the heroine of Horizon Zero Dawn, needs friends at a certain point in her story. As you progress through the game, you’ll be given important choices at critical moments. How you react changes the way friends and other characters feel about Aloy, and making everyone happy all the time isn’t exactly easy.
That’s why we’re here to explain exactly what you’ll need to do to get all the optional allies to join in the defense. It’s very easy to slip up somewhere down the road, and the trophy “All Allies Joined” is extremely easy to miss. A single missing side-mission can cost you an ally. If you want to please all the various characters that will come to Aloy’s aid later in the game, here’s everything you’ll need to do.
More Horizon Zero Dawn guides on Gameranx:
- Horizon Zero Dawn: How To Get Unlimited Fast Travel | Beginner’s Guide
- Horizon Zero Dawn: Here’s How To Find The Death Stranding Easter Eggs
- Horizon Zero Dawn: How to Beat Every Giant Robot | Full Walkthrough
- Horizon Zero Dawn: Unlock Invincibility With This Secret Armor Location
- Horizon Zero Dawn: Get Every Collectible Location With These Maps
- Horizon Zero Dawn: How To Climb Tallnecks & Clear Fog | Locations Guide
- Horizon Zero Dawn: How To Ride Robots & Unlock Permanent Mounts
How To Recruit All Optional Allies | Defense Guide
To recruit all allies, you’ll have to make everyone happy. Mostly, that means you’ll need to complete sidequests as you progress through the story.
- Dialogue Options: Whenever you’re given three choices (Brain, Heart, or Fist)…
- Choose anything you like! Dialogue options do not matter.
To get all the allies to appear, you’ll also need to complete optional sidequests to get everyone on your side. Here’s a quick overview of everything you’ll need to do:
- Complete all Main Story Quests Until “The Looming Shadow”
- Complete The Following Sidequests:
- Sunstone Rock
- Traitor’s Bounty
- A Moment’s Peace
- A Queen’s Gambit
- A Daughter’s Vengeance
- Honor the Fallen
- Sun and Shadow
- Must Complete These Quests to Unlock:
- Hunter’s Blind | Hunting for the Lodge | Deadliest Game
Complete those steps and side-quests and you’ll recruit all possible allies for your cause. Finish up all those extra jobs before starting “The Looming Shadow”.