Get one of the easiest Exotics in Destiny 2 with this super-simple quest, the first available in the Season of Dawn. This is the first unique weapon available in Destiny 2 so far this year — previously, we covered how to get the Xenophage Machine Gun and three special Ritual Weapons — and those guns don’t compare to the straight-up simplicity of this quest. It might be the easiest Exotic to unlock in the game.
To begin the ‘A Moment In Time’ quest, you’ll need to own the Year 3 Season Pass to access the Season of Dawn content. This isn’t a free update unfortunately — that’s probably why this thing is so ridiculously easy to earn. I hate to belabor the point, but this gun is so simple to get, there’s no reason to miss it. I’ll explain how to grab it below.
More Destiny 2: New Light guides:
- Destiny 2: Shadowkeep – How To Complete The ‘Garden of Salvation’ Raid | All Steps Guide
- Destiny 2: Shadowkeep – How To Get The Deathbringer Exotic Rocket Launcher | Symphony of Death Guide
- Destiny 2: New Light – Here’s How The New Power Level System Works | 950 PL Guide
How To Get The Devil’s Ruin Sidearm | Exotic Quest Guide
To begin the ‘A Moment In Time’ quest, go to the Sundial — a new Season of Dawn activity — and complete a run. You can complete a Normal or Heroic, it doesn’t matter. Finishing a run will unlock the Devil’s Ruin quest item, and you can begin completing steps. Take the Exotic Quest Item from the reward pool, and you’ll be on your way.
- ‘A Moment In Time’ Exotic Quest
- Talk to Saint-14 in the Tower.
- Travel to Twilight Gap (EDZ) and collect fragments.
- Collect 10 robot fragments.
- And that’s it!
The Twilight Gap map is accessible from a new quest marker in the EDZ. The map is completely empty — no enemies, just glowing robot bodies you can collect. Find all 10, and you’ll complete the quest.
Some of the robot fragments are tricky to find, so here’s a quest text guide explaining where to look.
- Robot Fragment Locations:
- Near the old steps where you spawn, sitting by a rock covered in snow.
- To the right of the “4” of the Hangar 4 door.
- Inside Hangar 3, look in one of the raised open cargo containers.
- On the long platform jutting out from the structure near the spawn.
- Enter the underground tunnel — the grey tunnels. You can find an entrance near the railgun.
- On the metal walkway, look behind two stacked crates.
- From the same metal walkway, go towards the structure and down the steps to find this robot part.
- Under the large railgun prop facing the exterior of the map.
- In the lower section of the interior, look for a room bathed in orange light. The robot is propped up on the lower level.
- Next to a crate in the interior room right in the center of the map.
And that’s everything you need to know. No enemies to fight, just a game of hide-and-seek to complete. Will this quest lead to something more? I have no idea, but at least the Exotic gun is pretty cool.
More Destiny 2: New Light guides:
- Destiny 2: New Light – Everything You Can Do On Day 1 | F2P Guide
- Destiny 2: New Light – All Region Chest Locations | The Moon
- Destiny 2: Shadowkeep – How To Complete The Moon Public Events | Heroic Guide
- Destiny 2: New Light – How To Start Every Story Campaign
- Destiny 2: New Light – How To Get Legendary Shards | Year 3 Xur Guide
- Destiny 2: Shadowkeep – Here’s What Those Weird Bunny Statues Do | ‘You Lack Something’ Guide