The Deathbringer Rocket Launcher is the first new Season 8 Exotic you can snag after completing the Destiny 2: Shadowkeep campaign. The real trick is just figuring out how to begin the hidden ‘Symphony of Death’ Exotic quest. If you’re hungry for another Exotic quest to dive into, here’s one you can start right away — even if actually completing it might take some time.
No, this isn’t a multi-week grind like certain Exotic Quests. The only real challenge here is a tricky final mission with a heft 920 PL requirement. Reaching 900 PL just requires simple grinding, but anything above that requires Powerful Engrams. Make sure you’re completing quests with those specific Engrams as rewards, then scroll down for instructions on how to begin the ‘Symphony of Death’.
More Destiny 2: New Light guides:
- Destiny 2: New Light – Everything You Can Do On Day 1 | F2P Guide
- Destiny 2: Shadowkeep – How To Complete The Moon Public Events | Heroic Guide
- Destiny 2: New Light – How To Start Every Story Campaign
- Destiny 2: New Light – Here’s How The New Power Level System Works | 950 PL Guide
- Destiny 2: New Light – How To Get Legendary Shards | Year 3 Xur Guide
How To Get The Deathbringer Exotic Rocket Launcher | Symphony of Death Guide
To get the Deathbringer Rocket Launcher, you’ll need to find a rare item and complete an Exotic quest. Here’s how to do it.
- How To Get The Firewall Data Fragment: Complete the Shadowkeep story, then get the ‘Lunar Spelunker’ Bounty from Eris. Complete three Lost Sectors to complete the bounty.
- Go to the K1 Revelation Lost Sector, Sorrow’s Harbor, Moon and use the Data Fragment to unlock the vault at the end in the boss chamber.
- Use the story artifact to decrypt the core — then earn Nightmare kills with Arc abilities in Sorrow’s Harbor.
Once you get enough Nightmare Arc kills, return to Eris. Open the chest near her to begin the Symphony of Death Exotic Quest.
For this quest, follow the orders on the item you received — like every Exotic quest — and complete the new missions that appear. There is a 860 PL mission and a more difficult 920 PL mission at the end.
More Destiny 2: Forsaken guides on Gameranx:
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – Last Wish Raid Guide | How To Beat Every Boss & Puzzle Encounter
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – 8 Essential Tips To Help You Master Gambit Mode | Beginner’s Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Unlock New Supers | Visions of Light Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – Paul McCartney Returns In This Hilarious Lost Sector | Easter Egg Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Unlock The Dreaming City | Awoken Talisman Quest Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Use Small Gifts & Secret Cats | Reverie Armor Unlock Guide