The Season of Opulence is the second update included in the Destiny 2 Annual Pass, and continues from the template with a smattering of new activities to take part in. There’s a new raid requiring six Guardians, and a bunch of other fresh features to keep players coming back for more. One of the earliest upgrades you can take advantage of is the Chalice of Opulence.
This special item is the centerpiece of the season, and upgrading lets you customize what loot you’ll earn, and earn more loot from completing the Menagerie event. The new Menagerie event pits you against swarms of enemies — it’s a cooperative mode that’s naturally set to matchmake you with other Guardians, and most of the Chalice of Opulence upgrades are all about this fancy new mode.
More Destiny 2: Season of Opulence guides:
How To Unlock (& Upgrade) The Chalice of Opulence
To acquire the Chalice of Opulence, travel to the Tower and collect the invitation quest from Benedict 99-40. The quest sends you to Nessus, Watcher’s Grave where you’ll find Calus’ Barge and meet the Chalice of Opulence vendor named Wener 99-40.
Werner 99-40 is the primary vendor you’ll use to upgrade and enhance the Chalice of Opulence. Getting it is pretty simple — just talk to him, take his quest, and hunt down all the pieces of the Chalice on Nessus.
When you bring back all the pieces, you’ll build it. Now you can take advantage of the Chalice of Opulence.
How To Upgrade The Chalice of Opulence
Once you’ve acquired the Chalice of Opulence, you can start upgrading it to get customized loot rolls, or simply get more rewards from the Menagerie and other Season of Opulence activities.
- Getting The Treasure Map For Your First Rune:
- After building the Chalice, talk to the Chalice Vendor to acquire a Bounty. Complete it!
- As a reward, you’ll earn an Imperial Treasure Map. Go to the location marked on your map and open the chest to earn a Rune.
The treasure map chest is located in Nessus, Cistern — go to the Well of Flame, drop inside and turn around at the teleporter. That’s where you’ll find the hidden chest.
Socket the Rune by interacting with the Chalice of Opulence, and placing the rune around the lip. Now you’ll need to unlock further upgrades by completing a run of the Menagerie. The Menagerie is a cooperative mode available at the Leviathan.
Why complete the Menagerie? Because you’ll want to complete Triumphs — specifically, Season of Opulence triumphs. For each triumph you complete, you’ll earn special rewards. In this case, we’re after a new currency called Imperials.
Imperials are what you’ll spend to unlock Chalice Improvements. These are perks, available from the Chalice menu. Starting with 1,000 Imperials, unlock the first Chalice Improvement: Power and Efficiency 1.
Power and Efficiency 1: 1,000 Imperials – Grants an additional weekly powerful reward from the final chest in the Menagerie and unlocks chests found on the Imperial Barge on Nessus.
This perk allows you to open chests on Werner’s Barge. Go and open one on the opposite side — they cost 5,000 glimmer, which is a pittance at this point in the game.
Now you can upgrade the Chalice as much as you can. You’ll have to earn Imperials and complete Season of Opulence tasks — it takes a lot of farming, but the rewards are worth it.
How To Earn Imperials | Chalice Upgrade Currency
Imperials are the currency you’ll need to spend to unlock more perks for your Chalice of Opulence. There are several ways to earn Imperials, so here’s a very quick rundown.
- Werner’s Weekly Bounties [Treasure Chest Reward]
- Open Chests On Werner’s Barge [Costs Glimmer, Gets You Imperials]
- Menagerie Triumphs [Triumph Rewards]
And that’s just about everything you need to know about earning Imperials, and upgrading the Chalice.
More Destiny 2: Forsaken guides on Gameranx:
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – Last Wish Raid Guide | How To Beat Every Boss & Puzzle Encounter
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – 8 Essential Tips To Help You Master Gambit Mode | Beginner’s Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Find Every Exotic Weapon (So Far) | Exotics Guide
- Destiny 2: Black Armory – How To Get The Last Word Exotic Hand Cannon | Exotic Quest Guide
- Destiny 2: Revelry Event – How To Get The Arbalest Linear Fusion Rifle | Exotic Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Activate Heroic Tangled Shore Public Events | Heroic Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Activate Heroic Dreaming City Public Events | Heroic Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Unlock New Supers | Visions of Light Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – Paul McCartney Returns In This Hilarious Lost Sector | Easter Egg Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – All Region Chests Locations Guide | Tangled Shore
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – All Region Chests Locations Guide | The Dreaming City
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Unlock The Dreaming City | Awoken Talisman Quest Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Use Small Gifts & Secret Cats | Reverie Armor Unlock Guide
- Destiny 2: Forsaken – How To Unlock The Malfeasance Hand Cannon | Exotic Guide