[Want to see more guides like this? Subscribe to GuideRanx for daily new gaming guides.]
The Tortured Path isn’t just one map — it’s three! In the third DLC for Call of Duty: WW2, Nazi Zombies gets an entirely different mode. Instead of an endless, wave-based marathon, you’re stuck in a small map with 10 rounds to survive. If you fail one of the random objectives, you’ll fail the game. If you manage to survive until Round 10 and defeat the boss, you’ll win and move onto the next map.
It’s a challenging new way to play, and if you want to defeat bosses at the end, you’re going to need one of those Pack-a-Punch machines. These are small maps, so you won’t find basic features like Power Switches or even doors you need to unlock. Even Wall Buys are different — instead of purchasing specific guns, you’ll find randomized Wall Buys based on weapon type. Those don’t unlock unless you get to the higher rounds.
I could talk forever about this weird new mode, but let’s dive right in. Here’s how you Pack-a-Punch. Thankfully, it isn’t too difficult this time around.
More Call of Duty: WW2 Zombies [DLC 3] guides on Gameranx:
- WW2 Zombies: The Tortured Path – How To Beat All Bosses | Chapters 1, 2 & 3 Guide
- WW2 Zombies: The Tortured Path – How To Complete Chapter 1 Solo | Full Guide
- WW2 Zombies: The Tortured Path – Into The Storm Easter Egg Guide | Chapter 1 Walkthrough
- WW2 Zombies: The Tortured Path – Across The Depths Easter Egg Guide | Chapter 2 Walkthrough
- WW2 Zombies: The Tortured Path – Beneath The Ice Easter Egg Guide | Chapter 3 Walkthrough
How To Pack-A-Punch | Upgrade Guide
[NOTE: The Pack-a-Punch is unlocked the same way for all three maps.]
In The Tortured Path, you’ll have to complete three mini-maps — each one is entirely separate, and each one has unique objectives. The first map is called “Into The Storm” and includes an early Pack-a-Punch.
Certain rounds (3, 6, etc) are “Objective Rounds” — a random objective will appear that you must complete.
Why is this important? A red battery will appear after the first round, then every objective round. You need to charge this battery will zombie souls / energy. Kill the zombies near the batteries until they stop accepting red energy. There are three batteries, and they activate in a random order.
- Pack-a-Punch Steps
- Find and charge all three batteries with zombie energy. To charge a battery, kill it near the battery. Batteries activate in random order. The three batteries are always located in the same places.
- Batteries will activate around the map at the first round, and after every objective round. For reference, the batteries will activate on round: 1, 3, 6.
- After activating all three batteries, the Pack-a-Punch will automatically become available. That means you can begin using it as early as Round 7.
Pack-a-Punch Battery Locations
- Chapter 1: Into the Storm
- Exterior of the Windmill, near the Assault Rifle wall buy.
- In the Basement of the old House.
- Near the Quick Revive, by the exterior of the ruined house.
- Chapter 2: Across the Abyss
- Near the Pack-a-Punch machine in the under decks.
- Behind the spawn point, in the under decks.
- In the briefing room with the projector.
- Chapter 3: Beneath the Ice
- Near the Fast Reload perk.
- Near the Sprint perk.
- Near the Pack-a-Punch.
More Call of Duty: WW2 Zombies [DLC 2] guides on Gameranx
- WW2 Zombies: Shadowed Throne – The Complete Easter Egg Guide | Stadtjäger Down
- WW2 Zombies: Shadowed Throne – How To Get The Wunderbuss | Wonder Weapon Guide
- WW2 Zombies: Shadowed Throne – How To Play Hangman For Bonus Rewards | Secrets Guide
- WW2 Zombies: Shadowed Throne – How To Pack-A-Punch | Weapon Upgrade Guide
- WW2 Zombies: Shadowed Throne – How To Scavenge Bonus Points, Ammo & More
- WW2 Zombies: Shadowed Throne – All Perks & Mystery Box Locations Guide
- WW2 Zombies: Shadowed Throne – Secret STG44 Wall Buy Location
- WW2 Zombies: Shadowed Throne – All Achievements / Trophies List