No, the “Master of Unlocking” herself doesn’t return for Resident Evil 7, but you can earn an achievement / trophy in her name.
All you have to do is collect a lock pick and use it to unlock something. Simple, right? Lock picks are a rare commodity, but there’s one particular location you can always find one in the creepy mansion where the latest Resident Evil primarily takes place. Finding a pick and unlocking something will instantly earn you the “Master of Unlocking” — breaking and entering is easy and fun!
More Resident Evil 7 guides, walkthroughs, tips and tricks on Gameranx:
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – Walkthrough | Low-Spoilers Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – How to Get the Good / Bad Endings
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – Here’s What You Unlock For Finishing RE7
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – How to Open Every Lock | Lock Pick Locations
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – All 20 Statue Locations | ‘Mr. Nowhere’ Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – All 32 Files | ‘The Devil is in the Details’ Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – All Antique Coins Locations | Upgrades Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – All Playable Videotape Locations | VHS Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – How to Get the Dissection Key | Puzzle Guide
- Resident Evil 7: All 33 Antique Coin Locations | Madhouse Difficulty Guide
- Resident Evil 7: How To Upgrade Your Inventory | All Backpack Locations
- Resident Evil 7: Free Items & Upgrades | Treasure Map Locations Guide
- Resident Evil 7: How to Repair Both Broken Guns | Best Weapons Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – On The Cheap | Best Deals & Lowest Prices
- Resident Evil 7: Demo – Complete Secrets Walkthrough | Dirty Coin Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – The Big Gun Guide | All Weapon Locations
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – How To Solve Every Puzzle | Solutions Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – Herbs Guide | All Healing Item Locations
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – How to Beat Every Boss | Tips Guide
- Resident Evil 7: Biohazard – Trophy List [No Spoilers]
Master of Unlocking Guide | Lock Pick Location
There are multiple lock picks available in Resident Evil 7, but we’re going to talk about the first lock pick available after entering the mansion. Here’s where to find it.
- Lock Pick Location: Starting at the Main House 1F, climb up into the laundry room. Opposite the laundry machines, there’s a red toolbox on the shelf you can interact with. Open it to get a lockpick.
Exit into the hallway and turn right. Behind the last door on the left, there’s a small cabinet. Use the lock pick to open the cabinet and you’ll get the “Master of Unlocking” achievement / trophy.
The immortal line “It might be handy if you, the Master of Unlocking, take it with you.” was first uttered by Barry Burton in the original Resident Evil. Hilariously stilted, the awkward phrasing made this phrase instantly iconic for a generation of new Resident Evil fans.
This transcendent bit of dialogue gets brought up a lot in future Resident Evils, but most often in Resident Evil: Revelations 2 — which features both “Master of Unlocking” and the “Jill Sandwich”! Just for fun, here’s a video of the original game, complete with terrible Barry line delivery.