There are a grand total of 144 Cigarette Card collectibles in Red Dead Redemption 2. Each card is placed somewhere on the map, waiting for you to find — but that’s an insane amount of collectibles. So many, that hunting each individual card down is going to take a significant amount of time. And that’s assuming you even know where to look. No, searching for every card to complete your collection isn’t the best strategy. You’re better off just buying up all the cards you need.
You don’t have to track down all the collectible locations to complete this challenge. Instead, you can simply buy up all the Premium Cigarette Packs you need. They’re sold through any General Store vendor, and extra cards you acquire can be sold to fences to make back some of your lost cash. Premium Cigarette Packs cost $2 each, so you’re going to need a lot of money to totally complete all twelve card collections, but it’s by far the easiest option.
More Red Dead Redemption 2 guides on Gameranx:
- Red Dead Redemption 2: 36 Tips, Tricks & Hidden Mechanics | What The Game Doesn’t Explain
- Red Dead Redemption 2: 15 Features You Might Not Know About | Beginner’s Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Get Unlimited Ammo, Super Horses & More | Cheat Codes List
- Red Dead Redemption 2: How To Solve Every Treasure Map | Locations Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Where To Find A Fairytale Hill House | Easter Egg Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: How To Earn Money Fast | Easy Cash Guide ($3,000+)
- Red Dead Redemption 2: How To Get A (Free!) Elite Horse | Taming Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: How To Unlock Free Fast-Travel | All Fast Travel Methods Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: All Legendary Hunting Locations | Master Hunting Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Where To Find The Legendary Fishing Map | Fishing Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: How To Get Perfect Pelts | Hunting Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Where To Find Secret Weapons | Unique Gun Locations Guide
Complete Your Cigarette Card Collection With This Easy Method
To complete your cigarette card collection, you’ll first need to start the “Smoking and Other Hobbies” stranger mission, available by Chapter 2. The stranger is located at Flatneck Station, south of Horseshoe Overlook. Talk to him, and he’ll tell you about Cigarette Cards.
There are dozens and dozens of Cigarette Cards hidden across the map. These cards are everywhere, and it would take a very long time to complete a full collection just by searching for individual cards. Thankfully, there’s another way.
- Instead of hunting individual cards, you can buy Premium Cigarettes from any General Store.
- In addition to finding Cigarette Cards, you’ll also get a random Cigarette Card for every Premium Cigarette pack you collect.
- Travel to any General Store — there is a General Store in Valentine, Strawberry, Saint Denis — any town will have a General Store.
- Begin purchasing up Premium Cigarette packs. Buy them up until you’re full. You don’t have to smoke them. Just throw the packs away after purchasing them. You’ll get one random Cigarette Card per pack.
- Continue to purchase packs until you complete a full collection of Cigarette Cards. This will be any set of 12. Premium Cigarettes cost $2 per pack.
- To complete a collection, you’ll need to spend about $2,000 — that’s a lot of money. Check the rest of our RDR2 guides for easy ways to make cash above.
Go to the post-office and send complete collections to the stranger to earn money back as a reward. You’ll get a whole lot of copies, so sell the extra cards from your complete sets to a Fence.