You can’t buy every weapon in Red Dead Redemption 2 in a shop. There are secret variants available to collect, and if you miss them, you might just miss them forever. Unfortunately, you won’t find any totally new weapons, but you will find cool variants with unique models, including a gold revolver, a fancy Mauser, a pirate sword, a Viking axe, and much more.
The secret guns are required to 100% your arsenal, and some of them are very tricky to find. Many, you’ll be able to collect simply by defeating some enemies in a duel. There are five duelists in the game, and you’ll be able to challenge all of them. Most of them are carrying special weapon variants.
The rest are a lot trickier. You’ll have to piece together a secret map to find the golden revolver, and getting cool gear like the Rare Shotgun requires you to spelunk into a creepy, hard-to-find cave. Below, you’ll find all the weapons listed, and where to find them.
More Red Dead Redemption 2 guides on Gameranx:
- Red Dead Redemption 2: 36 Tips, Tricks & Hidden Mechanics | What The Game Doesn’t Explain
- Red Dead Redemption 2: 15 Features You Might Not Know About | Beginner’s Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Get Unlimited Ammo, Super Horses & More | Cheat Codes List
- Red Dead Redemption 2: How To Solve Every Treasure Map | Locations Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Where To Find A Fairytale Hill House | Easter Egg Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: How To Earn Money Fast | Easy Cash Guide ($3,000+)
- Red Dead Redemption 2: How To Get A (Free!) Elite Horse | Taming Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: How To Unlock Free Fast-Travel | All Fast Travel Methods Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: All Legendary Hunting Locations | Master Hunting Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Where To Find The Legendary Fishing Map | Fishing Guide
- Red Dead Redemption 2: How To Get Perfect Pelts | Hunting Guide
Where To Find Secret Weapons | Unique Gun Locations Guide
- Flaco’s Revolver: Collect from Flaco Hernandez, one of the duelist targets you’ll acquire by talking to the writer in the saloon in Valentine. He’ll send you on a Stranger mission to defeat five duelists — Flaco Hernandez is one of them.
- Flaco’s camp is located near Cairn Lake, outside Colter.
- Granger’s Revolver: Collect from Emmet Granger, another of the duelist targets you’ll pursue for the Valentine stranger mission.
- Find Emmet Granger at the homestead east of Flatneck Station.
- Micah’s Revolver: Return to Micah’s Camp on Mount Hagen after completing Epilogue 2. Loot Micah’s frozen corpse to collect his unique revolver, found at the site of the final shootout in “American Venom”.
- Algernon’s Revolver: Reward for completing the “Duchesses and Other Animals” stranger mission. Talk to Algernon Wasp in his shop in Saint Denis to begin this quest.
- Calloway’s Revolver: Collect from your defeated duel enemy in “The Noblest of Men, and a Woman” Stranger Mission.
- Talk to the Sheriff in Annesburg in Chapter 4-6 to find Slim Grant’s location.
- Otis Miller’s Revolver: Found in a hidden chest, in a cave north of Cholla Springs in New Austin.
- To find the cave, you need two treasure hunt maps. One is located at the Hermit Woman’s Shack, far up the river in the remote northwest bulge of West Elizabeth.
- The second torn map piece is located in Manito Glade cabin, north of Annesburg.
- Midnight Pistol: Collect from Billy Midnight, one of the duel targets. He’s accessible from the train station in Rhodes.
- Rare Shotgun: Dropped by the Hermit. Find the Hermit in a strange cave west of Hanging Dog Ranch. Deep in the cave, the Hermit will appear. You can talk to him up to five times. You’ll need to wait three in-game days between each visit. If you kill him, he’ll drop this shotgun.
- Rare Rolling Block Rifle: Dropped by a sniper at the end of the “Magicians for Sport” mission. Collect it from the sniper shooting from the barn.
Secret Melee Weapon Locations
- Ancient Tomahawk: Stuck in a target on the east side of Calumet Ravine, east of the Wapiti Indian Reservation.
- Antler Knife: Stuck in a dead bear, northwest of Hanging Dog Ranch.
- Broken Pirate Sword: On an island south of Saint Denis. Travel via boat south from the southernmost bridge into town.
- Jawbone Knife: Reward for completing “A Test of Faith” stranger mission. Find the stranger southwest of Horseshoe Overlook in New Hanover.
- Civil War Knife: Located in the basement of Fort Brennand, an abandoned fort outside Van Horn.
- Wide-Blade Knife: Found in the Beryl’s Dream mine, west of Mount Shann. Interact with the explosives plunger to clear the entrance. The knife is in a dead body, deep inside.
- Hunter Hatchet: Stuck in a tree stump, south of Widow’s Rock.
- Rusted Hunter Hatchet: Also stuck in a tree stump, next to a shack halfway between O’Creagh’s Run and Elysian Pool.
- Viking Hatchet: Found in the Old Tomb area, next to the skeleton in the center, northeast from Beaver Hollow.
- Hewing Hatchet: On a tree stump, by the southern shore of Moonstone Pond.
- Double Bit Hatchet: On a tree stump, northwest of Wallace Station.
- Rusted Double Bit Hatchet: On a tree stump in Annesburg. Travel north from the coal burner.