Fallout 4: Contraptions – How to Display Armor & Weapons
On PC, PS4 & Xbox One: Learn all about showing off the best gear and guns you’ve got in the Contraptions add-on to Fallout 4.
Don’t leave your best Fallout 4 armor and weapons to gather dust in a random crate.
Thanks to items included in the Contraptions Workshop update, the Sole Survivor can now show off their coolest weapons and fanciest pieces of gear. Weapon cases and armor mannequins will display your best stuff after plunking them down in a settlement. No need to scan through anonymous names in a massive item list — now you can visually scan your outfits on the fly and keep the best stuff in your home for all the post-apocalyptic world to check out. Learn all about this DLC-exclusive feature with the complete guide below, then earn the ‘Show Off’ achievement / trophy with ease.
Explore Gameranx’s massive list of guides, how-to’s, secret locations, and everything else a fresh Vault 111 escapee needs to thrive on the Fallout 4 Ultimate Commonwealth Guide and become a true post-apocalyptic survivor.
Uncover everything there is to know about the Contraptions Workshop DLC with all the guides on Gameranx:
- Fallout 4: Contraptions – How to Use Builders & Make 100 Items
- Fallout 4: Contraptions – How to Assign Settlers to a Pillory
- Fallout 4: Contraptions – All Trophies & Achievements Guide
- Fallout 4: Contraptions – Weather Change Shells – Fireworks Guide
- Fallout 4: Contraptions – Item IDs List | Dev Console Commands
- Fallout 4: Contraptions – How to Get New Power Armor Paint Jobs
- Fallout 4: Contraptions – 10 DLC Facts You Need To Know
How to Display Armor & Weapons
Displaying armor and weapons is easy in the Contraptions add-on. Just follow these steps;
- Go to a Settlement and open the Workshop
- In the Workshop menu, go to Decorations -> Display
- There are four types of displays:
- Armor Racks (Male and Female)
- Display Cases (Some require Power)
- Power Armor
- Weapon Racks
- There are four types of displays:
- Place them down! To earn ‘Show Off’ you’ll need to display using the one Armor Rack, one Weapon Rack, and one Power Armor display.
All display objects work in a similar way. Here’s what you’ll want to do to actually display stuff.
- Interact with the display and transfer the item you want displayed into the container’s inventory. All display cases can store multiple items, but can only display one thing at a time.
- To make them display, make sure to EQUIP the item onto the case you’ve transferred stuff too. Don’t forget, armor displays can wear multiple pieces simultaneously just like your character.
Depending on whether you choose a male or female mannequin, the armor will appear in the male / female version of whichever particular mannequin you’re equipping.
Weapon racks are a little different.
- There are wall weapon racks and heavy weapon racks. Each can carry only one object — placing another object in the container will transfer the original back in your inventory.
- Heavy weapon racks can only display Heavy Weapons; the Fat Man or Broadsider — things like that appear on this rack.
- The wall-mounted weapon racks display everything else. Melee weapons, long rifles, or anything else that falls outside the ‘heavy’ category.
- Depending on the type of rack, you’ll different weapons will be displayed. Short racks are for small melee weapons and pistols, while long racks can display rifles or plasma weapons.
- Whichever item is placed on the rack will instantly appear once you exit. No equipping needed.
Finally, if you want to earn this achievement / trophy, you’ll need to use a Power Armor display.
- Build the display, then attach a wire from a power generator. The display only requires (1) one power.
- Walk a set of Power Armor close to the display.
- Exit the Power Armor, then interact with the display. Any nearby armor will warp right into the case.
The achievement / trophy will pop. Enjoy showing off, Sole Survivors.
Need more Fallout 4 DLC guides? Check out these Far Harbor secrets, locations, and walkthroughs:
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – All New Weapons | Locations Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – All New Armor & Apparel | Locations Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Islander’s Almanac Magazine Locations
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – 3 Workshop Locations | Push Back the Fog Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – New Recipes | Just Add Saltwater Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Breathe Underwater | Dive Suit Location
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Bowling Ball Launcher Location Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – How to Get 3 New Settlement Guard Dogs
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Easy Vim! Unique Power Armor Location
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – DLC Unique Perks | How to Unlock
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Best Gear Guide | Assault Marine Locations
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – All 5 DiMA Memory Puzzle Solutions
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Item Console Codes | Weapons & Armor Cheats
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Discover the Secrets of Cranberry Island
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Tourism Guide | 10 Essential Locations