Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Here’s How to Get Any Legendary Gun
On PC, PS4 & Xbox One: Looking for that one perfect legendary weapon in Fallout 4? The Far Harbor DLC offers an opportunity to earn that one type you want.
Tired of getting the worst legendary weapon random drops? Looking for a particularly awesome Fallout 4 gun, like an enhanced Gauss Rifle or a two-shot Fat Man? Far Harbor finally provides an opportunity to save-scum for legendary effects. At the end of the Far Harbor DLC main story, you’ll have an opportunity to get one guaranteed legendary from a loot crate.
This Far Harbor exclusive method will only net you one legendary weapon, but if you’re willing to reload saved games endlessly, you’ll get a chance to earn any amazing legendary. All it takes is patience — and the ability to unlock this chest in the first place. Learn all the details below.
Here’s How to Get Any Legendary Gun
To get your 100% guaranteed legendary chest, you’ll need to complete the main story quest ‘Close to Home’ — this quest can only be completed if Kasumi survives and returns home to her parents. Speak with her father and a quest marker will appear where a buried treasure is located.
- Once the quest reward stash is available, go to the marker location. Don’t reveal the chest, yet!
- Save your game before digging. Once the chest spawns into the world, the legendary weapon will be locked.
- Dig up the chest and open the loot — see which weapon you just earned.
- Don’t like the legendary? Reload your save from Step #2 (Pre-Digging Save File) and try again.
- Rinse and repeat until you get an amazing legendary.
This method only earns one legendary. Unlike other farming methods, you won’t be able to get a huge supply of extra legendaries — this method only nets you a single legendary. But it’s also the fastest way to get exactly the legendary you want.
Here are some of the best legendary effects you’ll want on your next weapon. Keep reloading until you get one of these!
- Effect: Does double damage if the target is at full health.
- Perfect for stealth and sniper rifles.
- Two Shot
- Effect: Fires an additional projectile.
- Insane for Gauss Rifles.
- Powerful / Mighty
- Effect: Provides 25% more damage.
- Pretty much amazing for any weapon.
- Effect: Bullets explode on impact, doing 15 points of area-of-effect damage.
- Exceptionally powerful for low-damage automatic weapons. Paired with the Minigun, this can be devastating.
- Effect: Target bleed for 25 points of additional damage.
- Pair with any fast-firing automatic to stack bleed effects. Enemies do not have bleed resistance, so you can stack so much bleed, even the toughest enemies will die fast.
There are tons of other amazing legendary effects and synergies. Those are just a handful of basic recommendations that are useful for almost any weapon.
Need more Fallout 4: Far Harbor locations, collectibles, and info? Check out the rest of our DLC guides on Gameranx:
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – All New Weapons | Locations Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – All New Armor & Apparel | Locations Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Islander’s Almanac Magazine Locations
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – 3 Workshop Locations | Push Back the Fog Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – New Recipes | Just Add Saltwater Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Breathe Underwater | Dive Suit Location
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Bowling Ball Launcher Location Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – How to Get 3 New Settlement Guard Dogs
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Easy Vim! Unique Power Armor Location
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – DLC Unique Perks | How to Unlock
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Best Gear Guide | Assault Marine Locations
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – All 5 DiMA Memory Puzzle Solutions
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Item Console Codes | Weapons & Armor Cheats
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Discover the Secrets of Cranberry Island
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Tourism Guide | 10 Essential Locations