You can earn a load of special Pikachus in Pokemon Sword & Shield with special codes for a limited time — these hat-wearing electric mice are Ash Ketchum’s Pikachu specifically, all wearing hats representing the many different regions from previous games.
If you’re a long-time fan and want to represents your favorite generation, these Pikachu are a pretty great way to show off. And now that Pokemon can follow you around in the new DLC areas, you can hang out with Pikachu in real-time. These unique Pikachu variants can’t be captured any other way — but they’re free, you just need to input the codes listed below.
More Pokémon Sword & Shield: Isle of Armor guides:
All New, Returning & Legendary Pokémon | Isle of Armor Pokedex | How To Access The Isle of Armor | How To Use The Cram-O-Matic | Recipes List | How To Make Max Soup | Gigantamax Enhancement Guide | How To Complete All Three Master Dojo Trials | Walkthrough | How To Earn & Evolve Kubfu | Legendary Irshifu Guide | How To Evolve Galar Slowpoke Into Slowbro | Evolution Guide
Free Ash’s Pikachu Codes | All 8 Unique Hat-Wearing Variants
To input free codes, open your menu with [X] and follow these instructions.
- Select Mystery Gift on your menu.
- Choose ‘Get A Mystery Gift‘ -> ‘Get With Code / Password‘
- You will need to connect to the internet.
- Enter a code — any of the 8 codes listed below will work.
- The new Pokemon will appear in your Boxes, or in your party if your party isn’t currently full.
Make sure to save your game before powering down your Nintendo Switch!
Pikachu Codes | Ash’s Pikachu Unique Variants
Input the codes below through Mystery Gift to unlock special hat-wearing Pikachu variants.
- Ash’s Pikachu – Partner Cap (Ash Ketchum Symbol)
- Ash’s Pikachu – Original Cap (Ash Ketchum’s First Symbol)
- Ash’s Pikachu – Alola Cap
- Ash’s Pikachu – Kalos Cap
- Ash’s Pikachu – Unova Cap
- Ash’s Pikachu – Sinnoh Cap
- Ash’s Pikachu – Hoenn Cap
More Pokémon Sword & Shield guides:
How To Evolve All The New Galar Region Pokémon | Evolution Guide | What’s Exclusive To Each Version? | How To Catch Shiny Pokémon | Pick This Starter Pokémon For An Early Advantage | How To Easily Evolve Farfetch’d Into Sirfetch’d | Brilliant Aura System | How To Catch Improved Pokemon | Combo & Ultimate Moves | Move Tutor Locations | How To Catch Pokemon Easier | False Swipe & Hypnosis Guide | Easter Eggs, Secrets & References Guide