Players have found two exploits that allow solo Guardians in Destiny 2: Shadowkeep to reach the hidden raid chests and collect loot. You can even get some of the loot dropped by finishing certain checkpoints in the raid. It’s a tricky path, and I salute whoever spent the last couple of days figuring out this path outside the map. Just beware — Bungie is probably going to put a stop to this soon.
Before getting into the details, it’s important to remember that Guardians can only collect Raid rewards weekly. If you collect these chests, it’s impossible collect them again until the weekly reset. You get a lot more gear by completing the entire raid with a team without cheatings.
But, working with a well-coordinated 6-person team isn’t exactly an option for some players. It’s no wonder Guardians are looking for a way to grab these chests, or any Raid chests at all, while playing solo — even with the Sherpa system, which is still in [Beta], the Raid can be prohibitively difficult. Here’s how players are using glitches to get around that.
To learn how to complete the raid legit, check out our full Destiny 2: Shadowkeep – Garden of Salvation guide here.
[Video guide by Youtuber Esoterrick.]
There’s a basic strategy to this method, as discovered by posters on r/RaidSecrets. It’s all about skirting around the edges of the map, killing yourself in specific spots, and respawning in the platforming sections between the three main arenas.
To do this trick, players are using a rocket launcher / grenade launcher to kill themselves after carefully edging through the environment. The Raid area is actually surprisingly big, and with careful jumps, it’s actually very easy to reach far sections of the map just by walking over the garden ruins.
After reaching the spots shown in the video above, just blow yourself up and you’ll respawn in the platforming areas. Each platforming area has a hidden chest, which is also shown by Esoterrick above. It’s a seriously impressive feat, but we’ll have to wait and see how long it lasts. Who knows, this trick might fly under Bungie’s radar.
More Destiny 2: New Light guides:
- Destiny 2: Shadowkeep – How To Complete The ‘Garden of Salvation’ Raid | All Steps Guide
- Destiny 2: New Light – Everything You Can Do On Day 1 | F2P Guide
- Destiny 2: Shadowkeep – How To Get The Deathbringer Exotic Rocket Launcher | Symphony of Death Guide
- Destiny 2: New Light – All Region Chest Locations | The Moon
- Destiny 2: Shadowkeep – How To Complete The Moon Public Events | Heroic Guide
- Destiny 2: New Light – How To Start Every Story Campaign
- Destiny 2: New Light – Here’s How The New Power Level System Works | 950 PL Guide
- Destiny 2: New Light – How To Get Legendary Shards | Year 3 Xur Guide
- Destiny 2: Shadowkeep – Here’s What Those Weird Bunny Statues Do | ‘You Lack Something’ Guide