Note: This article was updated in June of 2019.
2019 is vastly approaching and as we get ready for the new year, there are all sorts of great video game titles to prepare for. If you’re looking for some of the most anticipated RPG video games releasing in 2019 then take a look at our list below.
We’ve compiled some of the best RPG titles to release next year. Check back often as we will continue to update this list with new video game announcements for the genre.
Find more featured lists on Gameranx:
- Top Upcoming PC Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Action RPG Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Action-Adventure Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Narrative Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Xbox One Games in 2019
- Top Upcoming PlayStation 4 Exclusives of 2019
- Top Upcoming PlayStation 4 Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming JRPG Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Cooperative Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Nintendo Switch Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Nintendo Switch Exclusives of 2019
- Top Upcoming Action Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Exploration Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Zombie Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Horror Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Xbox One Exclusives of 2019
- Top Upcoming RPG Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming FPS Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Adventure Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Open World Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Third-Person Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Sci-Fi Video Games of 2019
- Developer: Aiming
- Publisher: Aiming
- Platforms: PS4
- Release: 2019
Caravan Stories, was once a game released within Japan but it’s soon making its way into western markets. This is an MMORPG that’s free-to-play which ultimately will keep that same format when it launches for the PlayStation 4 later sometime this summer. Players will be working together as the train up and prepare for the greatest enemy in all of the lands. There’s a wide variety of MMORPGs that come over from markets all over the world and not all successful titles end up seeing the same fame when they release outside of their origin market. As a result, we’ll have to wait and see just how gamers take to Caravan Stories when it comes out.
- Developer: Gearbox Software
- Publisher: 2K Games
- Platforms: PC, PS4, XBO
- Release: September 13, 2019
Borderlands is making a big return this year. A third main installment is coming out this September and it’s looking like Gearbox Software s bringing back all the beloved mechanics that made the game series popular since it first launched. Within this particular installment will take place after the events of Tales from the Borderlands where Troy and Tyreen Calypso have discovered Vaults beyond Pandora.
This is where our protagonist comes in, a new Vault Hunter who must stop the duo. We’re also supposed to see returning characters from past installments make an appearance, but it does look like certain voice actors may not be returning to lend their talent to these characters for the third main installment.
The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening Remake
- Developer: Nintendo
- Publisher: Nintendo
- Platforms: NS
- Release: 2019
Some of you fine folks may not have been around playing games back in 1993. If you’re a fan of The Legend of Zelda, a franchise that’s been around since the early years of the Nintendo Entertainment System, then you might have missed out on some of the classics such as The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening. This was a beloved installment that again as mentioned, released in 1993 for the Nintendo Game Boy, but is currently being remade for the Nintendo Switch. Expected in 2019, the video game will retain the classic top-down perspective as players go through their journey of defeating a series of boss fights and solving puzzles.
- Developer: BioWare
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
- Platforms: PC, PS4, XBO
- Release: March 2019
BioWare’s next big video game release is the upcoming title known as Anthem. Originally slated to release in 2018, the video game was delayed for a launch in 2019. Being a BioWare video game title, we can expect plenty of in-depth narrative and exploration.
The setting within Anthem is set in the distant future where humanity has colonized other planets. Players will be taking on the role of a Freelancer, a special elite enforcer that is capable of exploring the open world which is filled with filled with hostile creatures. However, in order to do so, players will be required to use an advanced suit known as a Javelin which can allow the player to take flight or dive deep below water.