With 2019 coming up, now’s a good of time as ever to start tracking down what video game titles to keep an eye on. There are already several highly anticipated video game titles announced for the upcoming year, but if you’re looking to get some third-person video games in particular then we suggest taking a look at our list below.
We have listed down some of our top upcoming third-person video game titles to launch in 2019. You’ll want to keep this list bookmarked as we’ll continue to update it after new game announcements and updates.
Find more featured lists on Gameranx:
- Top Upcoming PC Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Action RPG Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Action-Adventure Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Narrative Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Xbox One Games in 2019
- Top Upcoming PlayStation 4 Exclusives of 2019
- Top Upcoming PlayStation 4 Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming JRPG Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Cooperative Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Nintendo Switch Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Nintendo Switch Exclusives of 2019
- Top Upcoming Action Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Exploration Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Zombie Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Horror Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Xbox One Exclusives of 2019
- Top Upcoming RPG Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming FPS Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Adventure Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Open World Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Third-Person Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Sci-Fi Video Games of 2019
- Developer: Ryu Ga Gotoku Studio
- Publisher: Sega
- Platforms: PS3, PS4
- Release: TBD 2019 PS4
The Yakuza series has been doing plenty in terms of remasters and remakes. Not only are we getting new installments to the franchise and a new spin-off title called Judgment which is coming out later this year, but it also appears that Sega is looking at bringing out a newly remastered edition to Yakuza 5. Originally, Yakuza 5 released back in 2012 for the PlayStation 3 where it continued on the narrative adventure players have been following for years. So far the remastered edition is coming out with an improved resolution but it only has a release date for Japan at the moment. We’re still waiting to see if this game will see a launch in Western markets before the end of the year but for now, it looks like the game will release on June 20, 2019, within Japan.
- Developer: BioWare
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
- Platforms: PC, PS4, XBO
- Release: March 2019
BioWare will soon have their next video game release available to the masses in 2019. Anthem is an upcoming RPG set in the future where humanity has begun to colonize other planets. Within the game players take on the role of a Freelancer, this is someone who is capable of exploring the open world freely.
With dangers lurking outside of the safety behind massive walls, Freelancers are a necessary task force that roams through the open world with the use of specialized suits known as Javelins. With these Javelins, Freelancers are capable of traversing great distances along with being able to fight against hostile enemies.
Gears of War 5
- Developer: The Coalition
- Publisher: Microsoft Studios
- Platforms: XBO, PC
- Release: 2019
The next chapter of the Gears of War saga will be releasing in 2019. Gears of War 5 will follow Kait Diaz, a member of the COG Army that has been suffering from a series of nightmares. It’s within these nightmares that Kait feels the need to seek out their meaning which may reveal the true origins of the Locust.
Likewise, the game is still very much a cover-based shooter where players must fight off a slew of enemies carefully. Cooperative gameplay is also another element we expect to make an appearance with the fifth installment to the franchise. However, since the game was only revealed during this E3 2018 press conference, we’re still waiting for new information to be released for the game.
Resident Evil 2
- Developer: Capcom
- Publisher: Capcom
- Platforms: PC, XBO, PS4
- Release: January 25, 2019
The Resident Evil franchise has been a popular series for decades and it’s also credited to be one of the first few franchises to help pave the way for the survival horror franchise. Resident Evil 2 is currently being remade giving players another chance to go back into the infested Raccoon City with an overhaul in visuals.
Outside of the visual upgrades, the remake for Resident Evil 2 will have some slight changes in regards to gameplay mechanics. No longer will the game suffer from the “tank” controls the original game was known for. Additionally, the development team at Capcom had opted to switch out the cameras to offer more of an over-the-shoulder style view that will put players closer into the action.