Note: This article was updated in June of 2019.
The PlayStation 4 has a growing library of video games and going into the year 2019 we’ll see several new releases that you won’t want to miss out on. Already, it looks like there will be plenty of great video game titles coming to keep you excited for another great year of gaming.
Within this list, we’ll toss in trailers, screenshots, and descriptions when possible. Likewise, we’ll continue to update this list to include new information or brand new video game titles so make sure to check back often.
For now, take a look at our picks for the top upcoming PlayStation 4 video game titles of 2019.
Find more featured lists on Gameranx:
- Top Upcoming PC Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Action RPG Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Action-Adventure Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Narrative Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Xbox One Games in 2019
- Top Upcoming PlayStation 4 Exclusives of 2019
- Top Upcoming PlayStation 4 Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming JRPG Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Cooperative Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Nintendo Switch Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Nintendo Switch Exclusives of 2019
- Top Upcoming Action Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Exploration Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Zombie Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Horror Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Xbox One Exclusives of 2019
- Top Upcoming RPG Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming FPS Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Adventure Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Open World Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Third-Person Video Games of 2019
- Top Upcoming Sci-Fi Video Games of 2019
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint
- Developers: Ubisoft
- Publisher: Ubisoft
- Platforms: PC, PS4, XBO, Stadia
- Release: October 4, 2019
If you enjoyed Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands then you’ll want to mark your calendars for the upcoming installment. This October we’re going to receive Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint which carries over the open world aspect from Wildlands but puts players into a new area. This time around, players will be exploring a fictional island known as Aurora. After the US government believes the island owner, billionaire entrepreneur Jace Skell, is delivering the cutting-edge tech to corrupt regimes, players must take a tactical team to seek out what’s really going on. However, early on we discover that a former tactical agent gone rogue is aiding Jace and must be dealt with.
- Developer: Aiming
- Publisher: Aiming
- Platforms: PS4
- Release: 2019
Caravan Stories, was once a game released within Japan but it’s soon making its way into western markets. This is an MMORPG that’s free-to-play which ultimately will keep that same format when it launches for the PlayStation 4 later sometime this summer. Players will be working together as the train up and prepare for the greatest enemy in all of the lands. There’s a wide variety of MMORPGs that come over from markets all over the world and not all successful titles end up seeing the same fame when they release outside of their origin market. As a result, we’ll have to wait and see just how gamers take to Caravan Stories when it comes out.
Ghost Of Tsushima
- Developer: Sucker Punch
- Publisher: Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe
- Platforms: PS4
- Release: TBA
Ghost of Tsushima is a brand new IP from developers Sucker Punch. These are the same creators who have brought out other notable titles on the PlayStation platform such as Sly Cooper and the Infamous series. This latest title takes players back into an ancient setting within Japan.
The year is 1274 and the Samurai have been quickly taken out by the Khan forces that invaded the island. Jin is one of the very last samurai left and it’s his duty to take down this seemingly unstoppable Khan force from destroying his home.
However, with his samurai brothers fallen from the attacks, Jin quickly learns that the traditional ways of combat won’t save those he love. Instead, Jin must become a ghost and use unconventional tactics to win this war.