Fallout 4: Contraptions | PSA: Do Not Store Armor Displays
On PC, PS4 and Xbox One: The Contraptions add-on for Fallout 4 features one major glitch you won’t want to stumble into.
Just what the title says — whatever you do, do not store Armor Displays in your workshop if the objects are currently equipped with your gear. Fallout 4 is full of glitches, and Bethesda has worked hard to repair some issues, but if you’re just getting into Contraptions, you won’t want to make this mistake.
Basically, any mannequin showing off your unique armor is bound to fall into this particular glitch. There’s no going back; if you store an Armor Display with equipped armor, that armor disappears forever. It does not return to your inventory or to the workshop inventory. No, it’s just gone for good and there’s nothing that can be done until Bethesda fixes the issue.
Explore Gameranx’s massive list of guides, how-to’s, secret locations, and everything else a fresh Vault 111 escapee needs to thrive on the Fallout 4 Ultimate Commonwealth Guide and become a true post-apocalyptic survivor.
Uncover everything there is to know about the Contraptions Workshop DLC with all the guides on Gameranx:
- Fallout 4: Contraptions – How to Use Builders & Make 100 Items
- Fallout 4: Contraptions – How to Display Armor & Weapons
- Fallout 4: Contraptions – How to Assign Settlers to a Pillory
- Fallout 4: Contraptions – All Trophies & Achievements Guide
- Fallout 4: Contraptions – Weather Change Shells – Fireworks Guide
- Fallout 4: Contraptions – Item IDs List | Dev Console Commands
PSA: Do Not Store Armor Displays
[NOTE: This glitch was tested and confirmed on PS4 on June 21, 2016.]
Let’s start from the top. What are Armor Displays? These are mannequins that can be equipped (like a companion) with armor or apparel just to display your gear in a settlement. It’s a nice addition and should help make your morning wardrobe routines much easier in the post-apocalyptic wasteland of the Commonwealth.
But there’s one huge issue with Armor Displays, and that includes ANY display item in the Contraptions add-on:
- Storing an Armor Display, Weapon Rack, Power Armor Display, or Heavy Weapon Rack will cause the displayed items to disappear completely.
This occurs with weapons on all Weapon Rack types. Due to the nature of the ‘Display Case’ items, you won’t lose gear that’s placed inside the glass. It remains in the world, allowing you to just pick up the pieces after storage.
Most likely, you and other Sole Survivors are going to display the most unique armor and weapons — that makes the sting of losing your stuff to a glitch so much worse. Don’t lose one of a kind items. Make sure you un-equip all display items in settlements before storing anything in your workshop inventory.
Need more Fallout 4 DLC guides? Check out these Far Harbor secrets, locations, and walkthroughs:
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – All New Weapons | Locations Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – All New Armor & Apparel | Locations Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Islander’s Almanac Magazine Locations
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – 3 Workshop Locations | Push Back the Fog Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – New Recipes | Just Add Saltwater Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Breathe Underwater | Dive Suit Location
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Bowling Ball Launcher Location Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – How to Get 3 New Settlement Guard Dogs
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Easy Vim! Unique Power Armor Location
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – DLC Unique Perks | How to Unlock
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Best Gear Guide | Assault Marine Locations
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – All 5 DiMA Memory Puzzle Solutions
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Item Console Codes | Weapons & Armor Cheats
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Discover the Secrets of Cranberry Island
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Tourism Guide | 10 Essential Locations