Fallout 4: Far Harbor – How to Fix Bad PS4 Performance
On PS4: You’ll need to re-download Far Harbor to repair poor performance issues. Learn how it’s done with these quick steps.
If you’re experiencing poor performance on the PS4 version of the Far Harbor expansion for Fallout 4, Bethesda has just released a new version of the DLC on the PSN Store. If you’re not used to re-downloading or messing with your files in general, this can be a tricky process. Learn all the steps required, released on the official Bethesda forums here, to repair your copy of Far Harbor and get the game running smoothly.
How to Fix Bad PS4 Performance
To get updated version of Far Harbor off the PSN store, follow these steps:
- Ensure Fallout 4 is not currently running. If it is, press the PS Options Button and close the software.
- Select Fallout 4 on the PS4 dashboard and scroll down and select Related items –> My Add-Ons
- Select the down-facing arrow icon next to the Far Harbor thumbnail. Select the download arrow to begin re-downloading.
- The download will be added to the Downloads list on your PS dashboard. Wait for the download to complete and install, then you may begin playing Fallout 4.
It is also recommended that you restart the PS4 before attempting to replay Fallout 4 after the expansion is finished installing. If you’re still experiencing issues, you may need to delete the complete Fallout 4 install file, re-install, and re-download all patches / add-ons. This will not delete your save files.
Have any questions? Ask in the comments and we’ll answer right away.
Need more Fallout 4: Far Harbor locations, collectibles, and info? Check out the rest of our DLC guides on Gameranx:
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – All New Weapons | Locations Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – All New Armor & Apparel | Locations Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Islander’s Almanac Magazine Locations
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – 3 Workshop Locations | Push Back the Fog Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – New Recipes | Just Add Saltwater Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Breathe Underwater | Dive Suit Location
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Bowling Ball Launcher Location Guide
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – How to Get 3 New Settlement Guard Dogs
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Easy Vim! Unique Power Armor Location
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – DLC Unique Perks | How to Unlock
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Best Gear Guide | Assault Marine Locations
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – All 5 DiMA Memory Puzzle Solutions
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Item Console Codes | Weapons & Armor Cheats
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Discover the Secrets of Cranberry Island
- Fallout 4: Far Harbor – Tourism Guide | 10 Essential Locations