Runes and bonecharms are the lifeblood of Dishonored 2. The more runes you collect, the more Outsider abilities you can unlock or upgrade. Bloodcharms won’t get you new abilities, but they do add permanent buffs to your character when equipped, increasing health regeneration, lowering mana usage, or any number of other bonuses.
Basically, you’re going to want all the runes and bonecharms you can get your hands on. They’re often hidden, so we’ll cover every step required to unlock the safes / doors / rooms where runes are hidden. That includes screenshots and step-by-step puzzle solutions — if a puzzle is involved, and oftentimes, one is involved.
Rune & Bonecharm Locations | Upgrades Guide
Runes are special upgrade items used to unlock new powers for Corvo or Emily. They can be purchased from the Black Market, rewarded for completing quests, or found hidden in the environment. We’re going to focus on the secret runes here to help you find them all.
NOTE: Use the Heart to detect Runes or Bonecharms.
Bonecharms are buffs you can equip to Emily or Corvo that increase the potency of certain skills, abilities, or weapons.
Table of Contents
- Mission 2: Edge of the World – Runes & Bonecharms Locations
- Mission 3: The Good Doctor – Runes & Bonecharms Locations
- Mission 4: The Clockwork Mansion – Runes & Bonecharms Locations
- Mission 5: The Royal Conservatory – Runes & Bonecharms Locations
- Mission 6: The Dust District – Runes & Bonecharms Locations
- Mission 7: A Crack in the Slab – Runes & Bonecharms Locations
- Mission 8: The Grand Palace – Runes & Bonecharms Locations
- Mission 9: Death to the Empress – Runes & Bonecharms Locations
Mission 1: A Long Day in Dunwall
N/A – There are no Rune or Bloodcharms in this mission.
Find more Dishonored 2 guides, collectible locations, and quest walkthroughs on Gameranx:
- Dishonored 2: How to Open Every Safe | Combinations & Keys Guide
- Dishonored 2: All Audiographs & Journals | ‘Royal Spymaster’ Guide
- Dishonored 2: All Ship Decoration Locations | ‘Souvenirs’ Guide
- Dishonored 2: How to Rob Every Black Market | Easy Cash & Free Items
- Dishonored 2: Weapon & Gadget Blueprints Locations | Upgrades Guide
- Dishonored 2: Painting Locations | Collectibles Guide
- Dishonored 2: All Side Missions Guide | Optional Quest Walkthroughs
- Dishonored 2: How to Solve the Jindosh Lock Puzzle | Eureka Guide
- Dishonored 2: How to Fix FPS Drops | PC Optimization Guide
- Dishonored 2: How to Rob the Black Market | ‘Black Market Burglar’ Guide