Scaled content won’t stop us from earning experiences points faster in Diablo 4. Everything matches your level, so we’ll have to get creative.
To access higher tier content, you need to level up — and there’s one way you can level up faster than everyone else in your party. If you explore the many (seemingly useless at first) vendors in the starting city, you’ll find that the Alchemist does more than upgrade your potions. He’ll also give you a temporary EXP boost at very little charge. There are more expensive EXP boosts at the Alchemist, but there’s no reason to get them. We’ll explain everything below.
More Diablo 4 guides:
10 Beginner Tips | Class Overview | Necromancer Shadowblight Minions Build | Barbarian Unconstrained Berserk Build | Golem Summoning | Accessibility Options To Change First | Potion Upgrades & Increase Max Capacity | Unlocking Horses | World Tier Unlocks | Silent Chests & Whispering Keys | Crushed Beast Bones Locations | Secret of the Spring Quest Solution | Early Game Loot Farm | Endgame Unique & Sacred Farm
General Leveling Tips
EXP is everywhere in Diablo 4. Because everything in the world scales with your level, you can do literally anything and still level up. While there is a way to improve your EXP gains, here are a few simple tips before you start farming.
- On your first character, stick to the campaign. Completing the campaign will get you to Level 45 even if you skip all other content. Seriously.
- If you want to grind for EXP, complete Dungeons. Dungeons give +30 Renown and usually contain multiple Elites and a boss fight.
- Stick to World Tier 2. World Tier 2 increases EXP by +20% — any relatively synergized build will be able to complete WT2.
Don’t worry about the details of enchanting / upgrading gear until Level 45+ or after finishing the campaign. If you still want to race to the end, you can use the Alchemist for a boost. This one is incredibly easy to miss on your first playthrough.
Leveling Up Faster With The Alchemist
One of the most effective ways to boost your EXP gains is with the Alchemist. Even very early in the story, you can give yourself a 5% Experience Boost or more with Elixirs.
- At any Alchemist, marked with a potion symbol on the map, navigate to the Craft Elixirs tab. Most elixirs increase your resistances, damage, or other stats. But some elixirs are specifically designed to increase EXP.
- Third Eye Elixirs of any level will boost EXP gain by 5% for 30 minutes. You need to be at least Level 10 to begin using Elixirs.
- Weak Third Eye Elixir is just as powerful as the upgraded version and requires very easy-to-find materials. The only difference is the Dodge buff — which we don’t need.
- Other options like Elixir of Demon-Slaying or Elixir of Man-Slaying, etc are far more expensive in ingredient costs, but also only provide 5% EXP gain. Always use Weak Third Eye Elixir.
And that’s it! Do any content you want — but campaign content is the most efficient for first-time players. With a good enough build, you can blaze through the plot and get into the endgame ASAP.