Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity has the heart of Breath of the Wild, but the soul of Dynasty Warriors. You might play as Link and Zelda, but they’ll be leveling up and slicing through entire legions of bad guys instead of exploring puzzle-filled dungeons. To get stronger, you’ll need to fuse weapons together — and you’re going to need a lot of money and a lot of weapons to fuse to reach the top-tier levels.
While there are tons of different types of resources to collect in Age of Calamity, the only two that really matter are rupees and weapons. You’ll want to get weapons for fusing to increase the level of your favorite weapon, and you’ll need lots of rupees to pay the fusing charges at the blacksmith. Makes sense, right?
The problem is that both can take time to earn. That’s why I’m going to explain the basics of farming for rupees and weapons. In the early game, this isn’t required — but when you’re near the end, you’ll need all the cash and junk weapons you can get your hands on.
More Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity guides:
How To Farm For Weapons & Rupees | Best Farming Levels
Rupees are important for two reasons — leveling up characters in the post-game, and more importantly for fusing weapons. As you progress, fusions will get more expensive.
If you’re looking for lots of cash and more weapon drops, here’s a few levels you’ll want to try out.
NOTE: Difficulty does NOT effect weapon or rupee drops. Lower the difficulty to EASY when farming to speed up the process.
Blood Moon Missions
At a certain point in the story, you’ll unlock Blood Moon missions. These are some of the best for farming in the game — they take about 20 minutes to complete and you’ll earn weapons and tons of loot you can sell to vendors.
Wipe out everything on the map and sell the Bokoblin Guts. Any materials you earn in this stage can be sold to the Rito Guardian Vendor for x2 value. This vendor will buy all meat for double.
- NOTE: To improve farming, make sure to cook recipes to give yourself +Material Drop Rate, +Rare Material Drop Rate, +Rupees, etc.
Hair Width Trial: Beginner (Lvl. 15) | Best Rupee Farm
An early mission you can start farming very early. It won’t get you weapons, but it only takes 30 seconds to complete on Easy and you’ll earn 700 rupees per run.
Siege of Fort Hateno (Lvl. 78) | Best Weapon Farm
This late-game challenge allows you to bring 4 heroes — hunt down literally everything on the map on Easy and it’s possible to earn 7~ weapons per hero, or about 28~ weapons per run.
Challenge Mission (Lvl. 80)
One of the highest level missions in the game is also the best for high-value monster materials. This Challenge Mission pits you against Talus (x2), Hinox, Guardian, and a Lynel. They’re all buffed with Malice, so use Link’s Master Sword to deal extra damage and play on Easy.
This mission will give you 900 rupees and 5~ or so weapons for Link.
There are tons of stages to experiment with in Age of Calamity, but these levels will give you a good starting point for farming. I recommend aiming to 100% the game, and when you’re stuck trying to clear the map, just replay levels with materials you need to complete quests. When that’s all done, then you’ll want to finish farming.
More Legend of Zelda guides on Gameranx:
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Korok Seeds Locations | Great Plateau
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Cooking & Recipes Guide | How It All Works
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – How to Get Warm Clothing | Cold Survival Guide
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – How to Get the Dark Link Costume | Location Guide
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – How To Unlock the Amiibo Rune
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Armor Sets Guide | Drop Locations
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – Weapons Guide | Drop Locations
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 6 Tips To Tame Horses | How to Get A Mount
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – How to Upgrade Armor | Great Fairy Location Guide
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – How to Respec Hearts & Stamina
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – How to Make Friends With Dogs & Get Rewards
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – How to Get Fireproof Armor | Lvl. 2 Heat Guide
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – How to Build Tarrey Town | From the Ground Up Guide
- Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – How to Get the Hylian Shield | Best Shield Guide