The Space Anomaly is a strange, hard-to-find space station with a plethora of powers you can unleash on the galaxy in the original No Man’s Sky. This floating ball of doom was available to discover in previous versions of the game, but now you can summon it with a special beacon. Anyone that’s encountered the Space Anomaly can summon it anywhere they want, and that’s great news for players looking to revisit one of the most interesting secrets in the game.
There’s a reason for all of this. The Nexus, the hub where all players in a particular galaxy can meet, is located on the Space Anomaly. That means you can visit friends, check out bases, or go on multiplayer missions from this one location.
If you haven’t encountered a Space Anomaly yet, here’s a quick rundown — it’s a Death Star shaped station that can give you a shortcut to the center of the galaxy, a location of an Atlas Terminal, or a free random blueprint. You can also use a Quicksilver terminal to synthesize Quicksilver into exotic goods. Basically, there’s a reason you’ll want to revisit the Space Anomaly.
The Space Anomaly (and more features) have been significantly reworked in the BEYOND update. Check out the full patch notes here.
How To Summon Your Very Own Space Anomaly | Secrets Guide
The Space Anomaly is a special space station with a variety of very unique effects. You’ll encounter the Space Anomaly while following the Atlas Story Path.
- The Space Anomaly appears randomly, but only under specific conditions.
- You must warp 3 times, and have played at least 2 hours without dying.
- You must follow the Atlas story path.
After encountering the Space Anomaly once, you’ll unlock a function in your ship that allows you to summon the Space Anomaly at any time. This feature is only available in the new BEYOND update.
BEYOND has brought major changes to the Space Anomaly. The Space Anomaly is now a HUB for all travelers — no matter where you are in the galaxy, you’ll meet fellow travelers in the Space Anomaly. The interior is extremely reworked, with more facilities and features than before.
- NEW SPACE ANOMALY FEATURES:
- You can now access a Teleporter that lets you visit the base of any other player currently in the Space Anomaly.
- The player cap has been raised to 8 or 32, depending on your platform.
- Join teams and go on Multiplayer Missions from the Nexus hub.
- Three new daily vendors have been added — one will exchange daily items for nanites, one unlocks progress in exchange for nanites, and one will exchange discovery data for nanites.
In the original game, the Space Anomaly is where you’ll find two quest characters — Polo and Nada. You can also use a special Quicksilver Synthesis Companion vendor, which allows you to change Quicksilver into exotic goods.
Polo will give a Blueprint on your first encounter, and will give you additional blueprints for a price. Additional blueprints cost 20 Carbon.
Nada offers three services — she can direct you to a blackhole with a quick path to the center of the galaxy, give you the location of an Atlas Terminal, or give you a random technology blueprint. It’s also just a nice place to visit sometimes.
Check out even more No Man’s Sky guides on Gameranx:
- No Man’s Sky NEXT: 8 New Features You Need To Know | Beginner’s Guide
- No Man’s Sky NEXT: Scanning Is The Secret To Earning Units Fast | Farming Guide
- No Man’s Sky NEXT: How To Create A Self-Sustaining Base | Refiner Guide
- No Man’s Sky: Atlas Rising – How To Fast Travel | Portals Guide
- No Man’s Sky: Atlas Rising – How To Join Friends Online | Co-op Guide
- No Man’s Sky: Atlas Rising – How to Start The Story | Awakening Mission Guide
- No Man’s Sky: Beginner’s Guide – 5 Steps To Get You Started
- No Man’s Sky: Complete Platinum Trophy Guide
- No Man’s Sky: 3 Methods to Get You to the Center of the Galaxy
- No Man’s Sky: Earn Millions of Units With These Easy Farming Tricks
- No Man’s Sky: How to Dupe Items in Your Inventory | Exploit Guide
- No Man’s Sky: Exploit Saves to Get New Ship Skins | Glitch Guide
- No Man’s Sky PSA: Don’t Install Patch 1.03 For an Easier Platinum
- No Man’s Sky: Explore Four Types of Star Systems For Rare Rewards
- No Man’s Sky: How to Solve Observatory Puzzles | Solution Guide
- No Man’s Sky: Unlock Free Loot With the Atlas Pass Blueprint
- No Man’s Sky: How to Find and Fix Free Ships | Location Guide
- No Man’s Sky: Ultra HD Wallpapers | 4k