Sinnoh Stones are an important addition to Pokémon GO — you’ll need a steady supply to evolve a bunch of the 4rth Gen Pokémon that’ve begun popping up worldwide. Sinnoh Stones first began appearing in November 2018, and the stones specifically evolve Pokémon from the Sinnoh Region — and you’ll have to take special steps to actually get them. Unlike the other Special Items included in recent updates, the Sinnoh Stones can only be collected by completing specific activities.
There are currently two methods to get those Sinnoh Stones, and you can use them to instantly evolve Pokémon like Electrabuzz, Rhydon, and Magmar — all Pokémon that first appeared in the Sinnoh Region in Pokémon Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. All those Pokémon can be captured by stepping outside and searching, but you won’t be able to evolve certain 4rth Gen Pokémon without a Sinnoh Stone. Below, I’ll explain how to get Sinnoh Stones, and which Pokémon will evolve with the special item.
How To Get Sinnoh Stones | 4rth Gen Pokemon Evolution Guide
Sinnoh Stones can be acquired through two activities in Pokémon GO.
- Complete Trainer Battles (PVP)
- Research Breakthrough (7th Day Task Completion)
You won’t get a Sinnoh Stone every time you complete a Research Breakthrough, or when you fight in PVP Trainer Battles. Completing your 7 day research task gives you a much higher chance of getting a Sinnoh Stone along with a Legendary. Fighting in PVP Trainer Battles also gives you a small chance to earn this reward. You can earn an Sinnoh Stone whether you win or lose a PVP battle.
There are 11 4rth Gen Pokémon that can evolve using Sinnoh Stones. Here’s the complete list:
- Rhydon -> Rhyperior
- Electrabuzz -> Electrivire
- Magmar -> Magmortar
- Porygon2 -> Porygon-Z
- Togetic -> Togekiss
- Murkrow -> Honchkrow
- Misdreavus -> Mismagius
- Gligar -> Gliscor
- Sneasel -> Weaville
- Roselia -> Roserade
- Dusclops -> Dusknoir
More Pokemon GO tips, tricks, and FAQs:
- Pokemon GO: 9 Essential Tips, Tricks & Answers To Your Questions
- Pokemon GO: How To Add Friends & Trade Pokémon
- Pokemon GO: Get All 3 Eeveelutions Every Time
- Pokemon GO: Perfect Pokeball Throws With AssistiveTouch
- Pokemon GO: How to Become A Gym Leader
- Pokemon GO: How to Earn Coins (Fast) & What They’re Used For
- Pokemon GO: Where to Find (And Catch) Pokemon | Spawn Locations
- Pokemon GO: iOS & Android Compatibility – Which Versions Work
- Pokemon GO: Easy Ways to Earn XP & Level Up Fast
- Pokemon GO: How to Take In-Game Screenshots
- Pokemon GO: Is It Out In Your Country? | Availability List
- Pokemon GO: All the Moves, Ranked Best to Worst | Complete List
- Pokemon GO: 6 Essential Facts You Need to Know About the Buddy System